DFW WordPress Group Message Board WordPress Q&A › All of the posts and pages are GONE!

All of the posts and pages are GONE!

Clara M.
user 12320578
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
I could use some help. Suddenly, all of the posts and pages are GONE!
This site is hosted on GoDaddy (yeah, I know) but it was ok last week. Today, I checked it and every single page and post are missing.I have WP DB Backup installed, will that help get back the blogs and pages?

What do you think happened here?

This is the url: http://dallasconcierg...­
Rudy "Yankeerudy" ...
yankeerudy
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 176
Hard to say just by looking at it. Either some pointer or something got munged (in which case, fix it and everything's back) or, more likely, somehow the posts table got blanked. A quick check of the database via phpmyadmin would answer that question.

If the table got blanked, then sure the backup would help. Still, I'd be concerned with how it got blanked to begin with.
Tony C.
TonyCecala
Group Organizer
Plano, TX
Post #: 59
Have you looked in the trash? It's not very likely that all the posts and pages were deleted. Are the categories and comments and links still there?

A quick look at the database in myPhpAdmin will tell the tale.

If the data are gone, then restore from backup.
Steve C.
Steve_Cooley
Grapevine, TX
Post #: 7
The other thing to do is check your permalinks. Go to settings then permalinks and click on "save changes" You don't need to actually change any settings unless you have a custom structure. Just make sure the custom structure is correct.

It's an anomaly of wordpress that sometimes occurs even though you didn't change anything.
Robin M.
user 9920578
Addison, TX
Post #: 3
Clara,

You are in luck, the one good thing about GoDaddy is the backup system. Go in and choose a backup for when you know the site was okay and it will restore the site completely. As to what happened, I can't tell you, but we did have a problem once with a GoDaddy site and that was an easy fix for us!

Robin Moss
ribit
www.ribit.com
Clara M.
user 12320578
Dallas, TX
Post #: 2

Thanks for all your help. I ended up restoring the database. There was some funky coding (done by the original designer) in the theme. Also it was a free theme that hasn't been updated since 2010. I think there was a conflict with Wordpress or maybe one of the plugins.

I updated to Wordpress 3.4.2 and changed to Genesis and the Smooth Post child theme. Which I think looks better than the original theme. Of course, the client doesn't like it. She want the old theme back. What can I say

Here is the finished result: http://dallasconcierg...­
A former member
Post #: 7
I agree with the previous poster. The ONE good thing about godaddy hosting is their backup system. If you open a ticket and contact support they should be able to restore your site to a previous date or time.