DFW WordPress Group Message Board WordPress Q&A › Anyone interested in creating websites together?

Anyone interested in creating websites together? A for-profit group to make websites?

Marilyn W.
user 51289402
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 10
Hi, I just joined. I am learning WP. I have HTML sites; I just got my first WP site set up, but I haven't had time to add any content yet. I am looking for WP people with similar interests to me. Is anyone out there interested in a business venture to create for-profit websites using like WordPress along with maybe HTML and PHP, that sort of thing? I guess most people in WP groups just want to share knowledge, but are there people who would also like to create websites, but due to time limits, or whatever, would work better within a group? Just asking? I create small affiliate websites for myself; I have bigger ideas, but I don't have the time to create and monitor a larger website alone. I'm thinking that a small consortium would be ideal. I hope it's okay to ask this, in this group. Thanks for your time. Marilyn*
Tony C.
TonyCecala
Group Organizer
Plano, TX
Post #: 67
That's a great idea to ask in the group. This Saturday, Feb 23, we will be having a more informal Meetup where you can connect with other members with like interests.

http://www.meetup.com...­

Tony
Marilyn W.
user 51289402
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 13
Thanks Tony! Thanks for the great Meetup group!

I was thinking of something like the group that created Squidoo, and other consortiums like that. I feel that I have some good ideas and I bet others do also. I wish I could come to the meeting, but I am tied up for the next week, or probably more, working on a project that I have to get finished. Back to it. LOL

The Squidoo Team
http://www.squidoo.co...­
PJ P.
user 28629472
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
Tony, I have the same need.

PJ Ploss
Marilyn W.
user 51289402
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 32
I put up a Facebook page, so you can ask questions. Or you can email me. Thanks, Marilyn*

https://www.facebook....­
Marilyn W.
user 51289402
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 51
Hello - I am excited about this new business endeavor idea. I have added information at Facebook; an outline, and I’m trying to determine the best meeting time. If you want to contact me please use my email here at Meetup, my FB email goes to a “dumping” email I never look at.

Facebook Page (You don’t have to be a member to view the page.)

I’ve received some notes from people that indicate that they are a bit confused about my idea. To be clear, it is not a Meetup group, there are already many fine Meetup groups. This is also not a group for creating websites for other people’s businesses, there are a ton of people doing that already. This is a business group to create for-profit websites that provide a service or information, and the site’s income is derived from such sources such as advertising placed on the pages, like Facebook and many other information and free service websites do to earn income.

The other common question I’ve received is how can a group of strangers come together and work together. Three things. A business attitude, a willingness to learn, and like-minded in interests and goals. This is a business and learning venture, not a social group, although I hope that we can have fun working together. The simple idea is to learn by doing, and hopefully make a profit at the same time.

I’ve tried to express that I am looking for like-minded people, so that we can come together, and agree, and work together successfully. So here it is, I am a senior adult, conservative, I sell on eBay, and love web design and creating my own affiliate income websites, but I often get too many projects going and lack focus. I would like to work with a group to focus on a large project idea that I have rattling around in my head. I want to expand my horizons beyond making my own affiliate websites or designing sites for others, I want to create something big, and fun, and new, and hopefully profitable. If you are like minded, come join me. Come have an adventure!

Thanks for your time. And a sincere thanks to the Meetup organizer for giving me this opportunity to contact other members here.
Steven H.
user 12853258
Denton, TX
Post #: 15
I share the same passion for web design and Wordpress and love finding a source of need to fill where I am always looking for a new look for someone. I have some experience with advertising plugins and wonder what you plan or need with that. 24/7 Media (http://www.247media.c...­) is the way many larger enterprises are going but cost alone for their services can be beyond many budgets. There are other options, more work on client's or webmaster's part, less flashy analytics but they do exist. You may also have some you've found. More reason to consort.

By the way, what does being conservative have to do with this? Can you elaborate and perhaps explain if being liberal is an issue?
Marilyn W.
user 51289402
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 62
Hi Steven, I will not be saying what my ideas are, until we have non-discolsure agreements. The startup cost is small, I could pay it myself, but I won't, I want commitment from people. Just like any large website, this site will need people to share the work of all areas of web design, plugins, scripts, and promoting. Why say I am conservative? A group is a hard thing, agreeing on various aspects of development and promotion, not to mention the business end, will be hard enough. I do not want to work with people who are going to get off the track and argue over politics and religion and guns, they are not relevant to this project. I believe that different views are needed in this world, to keep the world in balance, but I thought it would be easier for people to understand who I am upfront so they could decide if they wanted to work with me. I'm no kid, I am an older person and I'm not looking to social network or party. I don't want "peeps", I want people who want to get serious about learning, creating, and starting a business. Thanks, Marilyn*

The Facebook page should answer most of your questions.
Marilyn W.
user 51289402
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 69
Hi - I am changing directions on the meeting idea. Rather than having a meeting, first let's just sit down and talk.

I am getting messages from people indicating that there might be some confusion about the project idea. Perhaps we need to start slower, maybe with a smaller project, maybe something non-profit in nature. I am getting the impression that many of people who have written to me are either into Internet stuff, or into business, but not necessarily both. I am interested in business projects, rather than "fun" projects (I have plenty of those going already - LOL), but still, perhaps we need to start slower, with a simple project. Let's talk about it. Also, some of you have indicated that you wanted to met with me privately to discuss some ideas you have, please, if you wouldn't mind, let's met this way first, and maybe we can find some private time to talk or make arrangement to get together another time.

I will be at The Ginger Man Pub on Camp Bowie, in Fort Worth, on both Saturday and Sunday, (this weekend March 9 & 10) most people should be able to make it one of those two days. I will be there at about 1:00 pm (the time they open) and I will stick around for at least an hour. I am not a "to the minute punctual" type person, so if I am not there right on the dot, please give me a few minutes. I will be with my husband and we will try to think of a way to indicate who we are, such as a note on the table or something. I don't really know to much about good places to met, I just know this place is fairly centrally located in Fort Worth, being just west of downtown.

Directions: From I-30 in Fort Worth (west of downtown) - Take the Montgomery St. exit and go north 14 streets (counting on left) to the large Camp Bowie intersection. Turn left (west) onto Camp Bowie, and The Ginger Man Pub is on the right (northside).

Sat. & Sun. March 9 & 10 at about 1:00pm each day.

The Ginger Man Pub
3716 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107
(817) 886-2327

http://ftworth.ginger...­
Daniel E.
user 71122792
Dallas, TX
Post #: 11
Heya Marilyn,

I've been trying to keep up with this conversation over the past few weeks. I'm struggling to understand what it is you are trying to do, and I think the original intent has changed over time. Forgive me, some of the posts are a little long and a bit hard to read for me.

Is there a concise brief explanation for what it is your trying to achieve?

As I understand it right now, you have some website ideas, and your asking for web developers to partner with you to bring it to life. I'm not sure if my understanding is correct.