addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

DFW WordPress Group Message Board WordPress Q&A › HTML tab changed to TEXT

HTML tab changed to TEXT

Marilyn W.
user 51289402
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 14
I had played with WP a little, so when I set up a hosting service and downloaded WP 3.5 I noticed that the HTML editor tab, in the posting area, was gone. Where'd it go I wondered. Rather than checking out the TEXT tab, like I should have, I search out the answer and found it at the Codex page. They simple changed the HTML name to TEXT, I am sure that I don't know why, it doesn't make sense to me, but there it is if anyone else wonders about it, or maybe I am the only one. LOL

It's noted on the Codex page under "What's New / Posts".
http://codex.wordpres...­
Daniel E.
user 71122792
Dallas, TX
Post #: 6
Wow, after reading this I had to do a double take on my own websites. lol, I never noticed. I just know "use a mode other than visual".

Silly Automatic... Can't say I support this change.
Steven H.
user 12853258
Denton, TX
Post #: 14
My latest installation, yesterday, also has omitted the choice to hide from search engines. It had moved to the "general" tab for a while and now is gone altogether.
Ron G.
user 42004232
Rockwall, TX
Post #: 2
The check box " Discourage search engines from indexing this site" is now located under the Reading tab of Settings. It makes sense for it to be there I guess but not enough of a win to confuse us. Like a game...hide the setting.
Daniel E.
user 71122792
Dallas, TX
Post #: 10
Yeah, the privacy setting location and rename confused a lot of people for a while.

To make things worse, the original privacy settings link works still. But it has no effect on the site. Confused my SEO team for a few days till the question hit my desk.
Tony C.
TonyCecala
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 69
Great discussion! I think this type of knowledge is essential for WordPress developers to share.