DFW WordPress Group Message Board WordPress Q&A › Want to change my Theme to get rid of articles archived by time.

Want to change my Theme to get rid of articles archived by time.

jim o.
JOursler
Dallas, TX
Post #: 2
Hello,
My webmaster, who knows nothing about Wordpress, and doesn't like it, a long time ago set up my blog as an appendage to my existing website. Using an ordinary theme. Blog is at www.granitefoundationrepair.com/blog­
the present theme is Wordpress Default by Michael Heilman, version 1.6.

What I don't want to have appearing is the Archives. I don't want the articles dated. THe categories are important as they lead the reader into pertinent areas of information. Theme suggestions??
Jim 972 849 8279
Marilyn W.
user 51289402
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 34
I am brand new to WP, so please accept this as NOT KNOWLEDGE, and not a suggestion, but my thoughts. This is my thought about deleting Archives, if you are trying to "undate" them only, perhaps someone else has some thoughts.

If it was me, I would look under "Appearance" along the left side of my dashboard and then read about "Drag widgets from here to a sidebar on the right to activate them. Drag widgets back here to deactivate them and delete their settings."
Daniel E.
user 71122792
Dallas, TX
Post #: 7
Hey Jim,

What Marilyn says above is some pretty solid advice. To achieve the goal your looking for here, changing the theme is a bit drastic. Removing the archive widget from the side bar will meet your goals.

With that said... can't blame you for wanting to change your theme. Its design is very out dated, and chances are your WordPress installation is too. Here is a link that guides you through changing your theme. About half way down the page are the step by step instructions.

https://codex.wordpre...­