DFW WordPress Group Message Board WordPress Q&A › Looking for methodology and plug in for cleaning up my WP categories

Looking for methodology and plug in for cleaning up my WP categories

jim o.
JOursler
Dallas, TX
Post #: 3
My Categories were haphazardly assembled. Is there a plug in that will help me sort through over 100 blogs that I have created. Also, is there a methodology for creating categories. My site is at
Thanks
Jim 972 849 8279
Marilyn W.
user 51289402
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 33
I am totally new to WP, but I had come across this, don't know if it's any help, or even what you are looking for, but it might help you think of something else.

http://wordpress.org/...­

http://en.forums.word...­
Daniel E.
user 71122792
Dallas, TX
Post #: 8
Howdy Jim.

In other posts you mentioned your webmaster kinda threw this blog together for you. I'm sorry your struggling with having a blog you can be proud of. After reviewing your site, it looks like he did try to intelligently name the categories used in your blog so that you can include keywords throughout your site.

With that said.... I'm not going to claim to be an SEO expert(I'm a wordpress developer!), but it seems he is trying to help search results with using that strategy.

Under posts, click the subsection called "Categories". Inside this page, you will have the ability to delete unsused or unwanted categories. This simply remove the category, not the post. Add new categories in this same page, and you'll have the categories you want in no time.

If you deleted categories that previous posts were inside of.... you'll need to reassign them to the new category. You can achieve this by using quick edit inside the posts list.

Hope this helps Jim!