addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

DFW WordPress Group Message Board WordPress Q&A › Help! I can't access my blog!!

Help! I can't access my blog!!

A former member
Post #: 1
When I type in the URL to my blog - http://beauxandbelles...­, I get this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/brit3588/public_html/wp-content/pl­ugins/wordpress-seo/inc/wpseo-functions.­php on line 327

What has happened? Can I fix this? Please help!
Daniel E.
user 71122792
Dallas, TX
Post #: 13
Something has gone wrong with your YOAST seo plugin. What caused this was a recent update to the plugin that is causing some people blogs to fail.

This is caused because you have an older version of PHP, and the plugin is not currently compatible. YOAST has acknowledged the issue. They don't want to force you to update php, so they are working to resolve the issue within the next few days.

Meanwhile.... you need a workaround. :)

You'll need access to FTP for your web host. Rename the "wordpress-seo" folder to something random. This will by default force the plugin to turn off. This will also restore your ability to use WordPress.

Re-install YOAST SEO next weekish. All issues should be cleared up by then.

Private message me if you need help. :)

Edit: Sorry.... the "wordpress-seo" folder should be inside of public_html->wp-content->plugins.
A former member
Post #: 2
Wow thank you so much - this was a very clear and helpful response!!