DFW WordPress Group Message Board WordPress Q&A › online magazine viewer/pdf viewer

online magazine viewer/pdf viewer

Lee
LearnFromLee
Celina, TX
Post #: 1
Hello all, I am looking for a theme or a plugin to view a .pdf of a magazine. basically a desktop magazine reader. Any help/reviews will be appreciated.
Ben W.
user 101992812
McKinney, TX
Post #: 2
I have some experience with this plugin: http://wordpress.org/...­

I haven't had any problems with it.
Tony C.
TonyCecala
Group Organizer
Plano, TX
Post #: 76
I recommend using http://www.scribd.com...­ then you can do a simple embed.
Lee
LearnFromLee
Celina, TX
Post #: 2
Looked at both of these and I am not sure if that is what I am looking for... I want to host all the data myself. So, maybe a theme that has the: yudu.com, issuu.com, flipviewer.com functionality?
Mari D.
user 14101258
Dallas, TX
Post #: 5
The current version of Wordpress support PDF as an object which means you can upload a PDF in the media manager. Is that what you need?

Or are you trying to use WordPress as the CMS for a magazine that looks like an app?
David F.
dfavor
Austin, TX
Post #: 249
You might prefer publishing each issue as a part of an Amazon Magazine series.

Then people will use their Kindler Reader Device or App for reading...

And... you'll get a huge chuck of income for each issue.

Unless you have Traffic similar to Amazon, best publish on Amazon for maximum cashflow.
Lee
LearnFromLee
Celina, TX
Post #: 3
Yes, I would like to have wordpress do all of the work and keep my readers on my site. Currently they have to click on a link which takes them to yudu.com (converts the pdf to a reader). I basically want this type of functionality in wordpress.
Mari D.
user 14101258
Dallas, TX
Post #: 6
Again, you can upload a PDF file in the Upload media area of WordPress. It's clickable and your readers stay in your site.

I am unsure if you have your material in PDF already. But just in case you don't, if you have it in Word Doc, MS Word allows you to save it as PDF file. If you don't have MS Word, then try to download NITRO. It's a free download and allows you to create PDF file. Just be careful when you are installing. It will try to be your default viewer for other file types. Just read through the installation process carefully.

Hope this helps.
Steven H.
user 12853258
Denton, TX
Post #: 19
This is a different avenue, a different medium and presentation but you might look at Copyblogger's Premise plugin. There are lots of avenues to explore there.
http://www.copyblogge...­
Maggie D.
user 52870272
Huntington, TX
Post #: 1
Hello all, I am looking for a theme or a plugin to view a .pdf of a magazine. basically a desktop magazine reader. Any help/reviews will be appreciated.
Well, another way that allow you view PDF in flash magazine mode, you can use Kvisoft Flipbook Maker Pro to convert pdf to flash magazine, it is desktop software. And you can flip the magazine just like a real magazine.