We are happy to announce the first Digital Health DC event of 2014 is scheduled for the evening of Thursday, March 6th. For this event, dHealth is spotlighting several notable Start-Up leaders in the DC area. The main session will include five short (10 minute) rapid-fire presentations followed by a collaborative Q & A panel.
As always, light food and beverage will be served by our sponsor, Sapient.
Please Note: Before our presentations we will have four start-up companies showcasing their solutions and offerings. You may find their information listed below our presenters and topics.
Presenters and Topics for this event include:
1. Naimish Patel, Audax Health and Zensey
Topic: Naimish will be showcasing their gamified health risk assessment that further engages the consumer through fast and fun questions. He will discuss the need for unified user experience in healthcare and he will share strategies Audax Health is doing to stand apart from the competition in this crowed and noisy digital health field
Bio- Naimish Patel has been a part of Audax Health’s executive team since its founding in 2010. In his role as vice president of product marketing, Naimish is responsible for overseeing the growth and expansion of their Zensey platform so that it best aligns with the needs of providers and users alike. His deep understanding of what drives highly qualitative data and how to best apply this data for increased results has been especially useful in the development of Zensey as a health management tool. For more context on Naimish’s perspective on what’s needed to achieve change within the healthcare industry, be sure to check out his latest contributed article for CNBC.com: http://www.cnbc.com/id/100828580.
2. Dr. Maksim Tsvetovat, Open Cancer Network
Topic: Maksim will discuss how Open Cancer Network supports research, drug development and clinical trial through uniquely rich datasets that aggregate patient data collected from environmental, workplace and socio-economic stressor data obtained from open government sources. In addition, he will discuss how Open Cancer Network is building not a simple support app, but a data-enabled platform using quantified-self technology to empower the patient to take better care of themselves. Open Cancer Network collects routine metrics of diet, activity, and other basic metrics, help patients make better daily choices, and relays the data to the patients' physician and caregivers to enable close monitoring and support.
BIO: Dr. Maksim Tsvetovat is an entrepreneur and a data scientist. In the past, he has consulted on data analytics and data-enabled decision support for major brands as well as the U.S. government. Maksim is an author of over 50 scientific publications, and a popular book on analysis of social network data. He also teaches data science at George Mason University.
3. Neal Sikka, 22 Otters
Topic: Dr. Sikka will discuss the GW experience developing a model for academic medical centers to support innovation and benefit from digital health startups. In addition he will discuss his experience with 22otters, a startup developing a mobile virtual health coach entering the market with a prep app for colonoscopy.
Bio: Dr. Sikka is an Associate Professor at The George Washington University, practicing Emergency Physician and the Chief Medical Officer for 22otters, a start up in the digital health space. He is the Director of the Innovative Practice and Telehealth Section at the GW Medical Faculty Associates, a large multispecialty group practice. Dr. Sikka has expertise in HIT topics such as informatics, telemedicine, mobile health, technology adoption and patient engagement. He is CO-PI and collaborator with specialty physicians on a McKesson Foundation grant studying the use of SMS messaging in diabetic patients and a CMMI Innovation Challenge Grant examining the use of telemedicine in home peritoneal dialysis.
4. Anish Sebastian, 1EQ Inc.
Topic: For this presentation, Anish will discuss how 1EQ is “Simplifying the Doctor Patient Conversation” by designing tools to build better healthcare. 1EQ believes that the patient-doctor relationship is crucial to improving the quality and efficiency of healthcare. By designing tools to simplify that interaction and extend it beyond the walls of the doctor's office, 1EQ can increase patient engagement, build a better foundation of trust and provide physicians with richer data sets to bolster quality of care.
Bio: Anish Sebastian is the CEO and co-founder of 1eq Inc. In addition to his professional responsibilities, Anish is an advocate of the consumer healthcare revolution serving as the lead organizer of the Quantified Self group in Washington DC. As organizer, he leads the effort in establishing and growing the quantified-self movement (a data driven approach to self knowledge) in the Washington DC metro area. Also, Anish has been invited to speak at several conferences including BioIT Showcase, mHealth Summit’s Venture Plus Forum, the Consumer Genetics Conference, and Burrill Digital Health. Prior to 1eq, he co-founded SafeGenomics, a research oriented technology platform focused on genomics. Before SafeGenomics, Anish worked for Deloitte and Touché as a technology risk consultant with expertise in IT security, business process, risk management, and regulatory compliance.
5. Sandeep Pulim, MD, Point of Care360
Topic: For this presentation Sandeep will discuss Point of Care360. Point of Care360 is a mobile clinician knowledge support and education platform that uses data-analytics to compare and improve clinician performance relative to established guidelines. Hospitals, ACO’s and Health Systems utilize our Point of Care platform to monitor clinical outcome metrics and deliver targeted education content/patient engagement resources to close identiﬁed gaps in care. This helps hospitals, ACO’s, and health systems to achieve quality improvement goals and reduce cost.
Bio: Sandeep Pulim, MD is the Chief Medical Officer at @PointofCare360, and the Entrepreneur in Residence at Health for America. He most recently co-founded Health Recovery Solutions, which created a unique mobile platform to engage patients and their families and connect them with providers in hospitals to reduce CHF readmissions. Sandeep is a mentor at the XLerate Health incubator and an advisor at the Blueprint Health accelerator. He previously served as Senior Medical Editor at MDLinx, an award-winning, medical information tool that aggregated information from 1,200 sources to keep healthcare professionals up to date. He has an intimate understanding of how new technologies, mobile apps, and social media are changing the healthcare landscape for patients, providers, payers, and pharma.
Showcase Companies (will be available before and after the presentation)
1. Sade Wellness is a Mobile IT company that offers a comprehensive online (cloud based) platform and smartphone software that provides management, organization and implementation support of a company's wellness programming. Sade considers itself to be a CRM for workplace wellness.
2. Matrix provides advisory services and software products to public and private sector organizations, foundations and charities in the health, justice, education and pharmaceutical markets. Matrix helps clients achieve the best health outcomes possible from available, finite resources. They champion evidence informed health services and support their clients to identify what works, in what context, and at what cost and benefit. Their work is primarily focused in UK, Mainland Europe and North America and they are engaged in a number of leading edge policy implementation and developments across these territories. Matrix employees are principally based in their London, Brussels and Washington DC offices.
3. Ostendio delivers affordable compliance solutions to small and medium businesses. Ostendio’s MyVirtualComplianceManager™ is a cloud based compliance management platform that delivers an easy to use, cost-effective way for companies to improve their Information Security posture. MyVCM™ allows businesses to: assess risk; create and manage critical policies and procedures; educate and assess employees on their security awareness; and monitor continuous compliance against specific industry regulations.
4. Routeam is a healthy living company based in Washington DC. Their online marketplace helps people to set a goal and find a health routine with the support of a team. Choose from fitness, nutrition, and mentality classes both in the neighborhood and at the workplace. Be Healthy.
Event Logistics & Agenda
5:45 – 6:30pm : Networking
7:30-8:00pm: Q & A
8:00-8:30PM: Additional Networking