The Philly Video Pros Meetup Message Board › I apologize

I apologize

Bill A.
user 2483092
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Since saving this group from extinction—from just letting it be closed down, I've done nothing to help it grow, and I apologize. I've been ignoring a responsibility I took on because I have been so absorbed in other work. I plan to start, SLOWLY, becoming more proactive.

Thursday December 13, starting at 6 p.m., PhillyCAM (CAM standing for Cable Access Media), is having its 2012 holiday celebration. If you didn't know, PhillyCAM is carried on Comcast 66/966 and Verizon 29/30. I plan to attend the event with a photographer colleague [She's coming from another assignment and I might be asked to cover the Eagles game]. Although I'm a member of PhillyCAM since its grand opening, I've not DONE anything with the station, although I've tried. Instead I continue to work with TV30, Princeton's cable access station.

If you'd like to visit PhillyCAM, which is located at 699 Ranstead Street in center city Philadelphia, just south of 7th and Market Street, their holiday celebration event might be a good time. Going forward, if there's enough interest in the group I will enDEAVOR to arrange for us to have a meeting in the station's community room and have the staff show us around the facility. Peruse the PhillCAM website and you'll see there are internships available.

PhillyCAM SHOULD provide members of this group with a platform/place to showcase our work, either as individuals or as individuals collaborating with one another in the group, or with producers and directors within PhillyCAM. This past weekend the Army-Navy Game was played in Philadelphia. I had two media passes I could have shared with videographers. Because I knew only one well enough to extend an offer to join me, I instead worked with two photographers I know. That's just the most recent example of opportunities I have been WILLING to share but unable. Monday there was a wreath laying ceremony commemorating Pearl Harbor Day held on the Battleship New Jersey. I attended this year as I have done in years past. I could have taken one or two videographers with me. 

But it's not all in the past. I'll be shooting the Villa Classic [boys basketball pitting two Philadelphia high school boys basketball teams against teams from NYC] on Saturday December 15, at Arcadia University in Glenside, for The Philadelphia Tribune. [When I say shooting I mean still photos. When I say filming I mean video]. I'll be shooting with another photographer. I'd LOVE to work with one or two videographers who have familiarity with filming sports, basketball in particular. 

More to come in the next few days.