Slight change of plans. :-)
As I mentioned, da Filippo's is a small mom-and-pop place and because they are, they can't handle a large party like ours; making ten random dinners and delivering them at the same time within a reasonable amount of time is difficult for such a small operation. So the father suggested a prix fixe menu. The menu is:
- Bruscetta (you haven't had bruscetta like this, trust me),
- cold antipasta,
- arugula fritters with clams (their most popular dish, I'm told).
- risotto with home made sausage (I've had this for an entree, best sausage I've ever had!)
Main course choices are
- Fish du jour (whatever looks good that day at the market)
- NY Strip steak, Sicilian style (I have no idea what that is)
- mini cream puff pastries with chocolate sauce (you want this just for the chocolate sauce!)
- I think they're throwing in coffee/espresso too.
All for $75 which includes tax and gratuity.
Also, I moved it to 8 PM since they have another large group at 7:30.
Update your RSVPs by Wednesday since I need to give them an accurate head count and entree selection.
Original message follows:
Hi. Been awhile, hasn't it? I didn't realize how long it's been until Zen pointed it out to me.
We should get together soon. I found this great little family-run Italian place just around the corner from me. The father cooks and sometimes plays the piano, the mother hostesses and the daughter waits tables. Very nice place. You're going to love it.
This place can get busy and reservations are often hard to come by, so I'm not accepting reservations after next Saturday unless someone cancels. Trust me, you don't want to cancel.
It's BYOB. I'll be bringing a nice red.
See you there.