We are a casual cycling club based out of Fort Smith, AR who just love to ride any time we get the chance! The club is made up of many different types of people who all share a passion for biking both on road and off but most of our group rides so far have been for mountain bikers. Anyone can join our rides as we are a hobbyist group for fun not competition i.e. social, fitness, or moderately paced rides.
To allow any rider to organize their own rides because it's much more fun and safe to ride in numbers! This club is more of a centralized hub or public forum for sharing rides and cycling interests and not so much of a club in the true since of the word.
No dues or fees, just good times !
Riding Styles and Gear
We ride with a "no man left behind" philosophy so that everyone can enjoy themselves without fear of getting lost or left behind, so the ride may have a few extra "re-grouping" stops if that is required due to various riding skills. Because of this philosophy, we really try to ask that the cyclist's riding skill matches the ride they are on.
This is a public group so that we can try to accommodate all levels of cyclists with different types of rides. We ask that you come to the ride that suits your current riding ability the best, but don't be afraid to try new things!
• We don't pressure anyone to be a professional cyclist.
• We don't ask you to own any special gear (except for a helmet).
• We don't ask you to wear special outfits (unless you want to of course).
• All we ask is that you come as you are comfortably with a bike that is in well-tuned shape and a helmet.
*** Just like every other group we DO have some riding requirements: ***
• Helmets are mandatory for every ride we do, no exceptions... period.
• All riders ride at their own risk and with the understanding that cycling is an inherently dangerous activity. Participating in a Dirty Tread Club ride is voluntary and riders must be ready and able to participate in the ride as described in the meetup and under the conditions of the day. Riders have read and acknowledged by an RSVP 'YES' MEETUP.com's "Terms of Service : Section 6.2 " found HERE and Dirty Tread Clubs "Disclaimer" found HERE.
• Just in case there is an emergency situation you should always have on you Identification, Insurance, and any other important medical information.
• All riders must be at least 18 years of age unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Keep your tread dirty!
- DTC Team
Membership is open to everyone
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Sunday, June 21, 2015 7:00 AM
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers