DiscoverLA Message Board › Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone!

Chrissy
ChrissyCarr
Group Organizer
Altadena, CA
I took over this group from Donna and now I'm drunk with power! I've been an assistant organizer for a couple groups for a few years now. I like to do all types of events--tours, dining, theater, book-related and so on so this group was a perfect fit. I hope to be able to put up the type of quality events that Donna has done in the past. My friend Janet will be an asst. organizer and she also likes movies, coffee outings and breakfast ones too. We both live in the SF valley but can and do drive and setup meetups in far flung places. If you have any ideas feel free to drop either of us a line.

I will be retaining Donna's No-Show policy with 24 hour advance notice required barring sickness, etc. Sometimes a lot of work can go into a meetup and when people flake out it's dispiriting BUT the real problem comes when there are tickets reserved and/or table reservations made. I've seen restaurant tables lost to groups because their whole party wasn't there or many people that wanted to go to an event shut out for those that don't show. I will always include my phone # and you need to contact me, or any other person running an event, if a difficulty should arise. That being said, there will be DEPOSITS required for some events. They will be fully refunded after you attend or cancel within the allotted time.

In an act of shameless self-promotion, I inherited a women's only (sorry guys!) book club a few months back so if anyone is intereted in joining you can find us at:

http://www.meetup.com/Valley-Girls-Tuesday-Night-Book-Club-Meetup/­

I look forward to meeting you in the very near future. Thanks,

Chrissy