addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

DiscoverLA Message Board › New Meetup: See The Thin Man @ The Egyptian!

New Meetup: See The Thin Man @ The Egyptian!

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for HEARTS Hollywood Entertainment Art Restaurant Theatre Social!

What: See The Thin Man @ The Egyptian!
When: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:00 PM

Where: Egyptian Theater
6712 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
(323) 466-3456

Why: this is MY favorite movie! Well, one of them.

So hi everyone! I'm just going to jump in - I need NO introduction

I received my calendar for the Egyptian Theatre - May looks awesome! But, in particular one of my very favorite movies is going to be there!! So Please Join Me! It is a double feature, but I don't know that I will be able to stay for HIDE OUT.

I JUST WANNA SEE:

THE THIN MAN 1934, Warner Bros., 93 min, USA, Dir: W.S. Van Dyke

Adapting the Dashiell Hammett novel, W.S. Van Dyke helms the first and best in what was to become one of MGM’s most successful franchises of the 1930s. William Powell and Myrna Loy are transcendentally flighty as the carefree rich couple Nick and Nora Charles - a wise-cracking, hard-drinking detective and his heiress wife, a gal who aspires to fight crime, too (along with their terrier, Asta). Their partying lifestyle is interrupted when friend Dorothy Wynant (Maureen O’Sullivan) asks them to help find her father, an inventor who has been missing for three months. Set over Yuletide in New York City, the pair piece together clues while barhopping and hitting holiday cocktail parties (which always seem to be crawling with Nick’s former shady underworld acquaintances). Watch for hungover Nick shooting ornaments off the tree on Christmas morning! Nominated for four Academy Awards, including Best Picture.

Here is the link to the Theatre's website

Tickets are $11 for non-members; I don't think Goldstar has ticket, but I'll check.

AND THEN THERE IS THE HITCHCOCK FESTIVAL AND THE LIZ TAYLOR TRIBUTE - so much to do, so little time.

Hope to see you there!!

Janet

Check it out!
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi .... thank you so much for sending this info. I just joined American Cinematheque so I definitely will be there for this event.

Is there any other event you are thinking of attending? I love theaters like this.
Noni
Michael and Barbar...
user 9635169
Granada Hills, CA
Post #: 7
Hello,
I just noticed that this event THE THIN MAN was posted in 2011. I think it is an OLD discussion.
You will need to check MAY 2012 if THE THIN MAN is listed.