DiscoverLA Message Board › Please Support My Team in the EIF REVLON Run/Walk (05/12/12 @ Los Angeles Co

Please Support My Team in the EIF REVLON Run/Walk (05/12/12 @ Los Angeles Coliseum)

BustAGroove
BustAGroove
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Post #: 1,356
Greetings,

I belong to a team called Edison International Team in this year’s Entertainment Industry Foundation REVLON Run/Walk For Women. I am committed to the fight against women’s cancers because we all know and love someone who has been affected by this disease. I hope you will join me and my team in supporting the EIF REVLON Run/Walk with a tax-deductible donation.

Your donations make a difference. Since 1994, the EIF REVLON Run/Walk has distributed over $65 million dollars to fund cutting-edge research toward a cure, advance early detection and help women with cancer and their families with much needed psycho-social support services. The EIF REVLON Run/Walk funded the research efforts of Dr. Dennis Slamon (Director of the REVLON/UCLA Women’s Cancer Research Program) who led the groundbreaking development of the cancer treatment Herceptin®. This research proved that targeted therapy could be more effective than traditional therapies for a number of women. This treatment is now available worldwide to women with both metastatic and early stage breast cancer. When used at the time of diagnosis, Herceptin® can improve survival rates and decrease breast cancer recurrences by more than half. Today, the Run/Walk continues to support Dr. Slamon's collaborative research to develop even more effective and less toxic treatments for breast cancer.

It’s easy to donate online on my personal page by clicking this link. You can see my fundraising to date, as well as what inspires me to be a part of this wonderful event.

Thank you for your time and generous donation. My team thanks you. We can all make a difference, one determined step at a time.

Sincerely,
BustAGroove AKA Maria

P.S. Please join us on www.facebook.com/EIFRevlonRunWalk­ to get the latest event updates!.