DiscoverLA Message Board › Unsolicited emails

Unsolicited emails

Chrissy
ChrissyCarr
Group Organizer
Altadena, CA
I was notified today that some cretin named Kenny, who just joined our group yesterday, has sent emails to some of the women in the group.  As soon as I found out, I removed and banned him from the group.  Obviously, I can't know that people will be like this when they sign up but let me say this:
This is not a pick-up site.  Heck, it's not even a singles meetup site.  If you meet someone at an event and strike up a conversation with them, what happens after that is your business but do not send emails to unsolicited women, men, gay/straight, whatever in discoverLA.  If you do so, you will be removed and banned also.
Thank you for understanding.
Chrissy
FYI, If this happens in another meetup I would suggest you notify the organizer immediately.  After that click on the person's profile (which should be clickable from the email you received), then below their name right in the middle of the screen click on Report/Block.  Personally, I would report that person for harassment and then block them but that's up to you.  If he gets enough reports he/she will be removed from meetup.