addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Re: [divorcesupport-251] need an expert "Guide"

From: Tracy
Sent on: Monday, July 5, 2010 10:54 PM
Maybe try a 'divorce coach'.? I contacted this person, but never ended up meeting with her, yet anyway.? She seemed knowledgeable on the phone, but again, I never met with her, and she also charges an hourly rate.?
I perhaps plan to contact her again for guidance such as you are seeking.? Good luck and be well.? -Tracy

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Jon Rappert <[address removed]> wrote:
Hello all.
I thought I would throw out something to see if anyone could help me.
I was divorced when my son was a toddler.
He is now 6 and just finished Kindergarten.
He has official summer vacation for the first time in his life.
The JPA was written very poorly.
Despite requests, my ex has given me no extra time during the summer whatsoever.
Furthermore, my co-parenting rights are being obstructed. And it's getting worse.
Mediation will be a waste of time with my ex, except for a "show" to pretend she is cooperating. She will force my hand and make me take it to court.

1) I would like to modify Child Visitation Time from the original JPA. ?
2) Lawyers did nothing but hurt me last time. Bum deal. Horribly written JPA. And wiped out my savings. My ex will force my hand and take me to court if I want anything changed.

I would like to do all the legwork, file the paperwork, act as my own attorney. But I still would like a knowledgable (paid) advocate on my side, helping me, coaching me, with me doing the "work" while this person provides expert direction/advice. It will be less expensive this way, but hopefully achieve the same goal.

Can anyone please help me or direct me? I need someone to expertly "guide" me, while I do the work.
So maybe a lawyer who will "coach" me through, but not actually take the case?
Or maybe a paralegal skilled with issues related to modifying an existing JPA?

Greatly appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Jon Rappert ([address removed]) from The North Shore Divorce Support Meetup Group.
To learn more about Jon Rappert, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here

Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy