addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The North Shore Divorce Support Meetup Group Message Board › Seeking Legal Recommendations

Seeking Legal Recommendations

Carey Tyler S.
user 11079586
Des Plaines, IL
Post #: 37
I know a person in the early stages of divorce, who has a great need for a legal firm good at discovery because their spouse appears to have hidden their marital assets. They wish to keep a low profile, so you can respond to me and I will forward the information to them or you can post a reply here on the discussion forum.

Because of the need for discovery, they probably need inexpensive or delayed/contingency payment...
Giancarlo
user 7870438
Chicago, IL
Post #: 6
I have a friend that did most of the work on his own and had a lawyer as well just because the jugde wanted one. However, looking for a good lawyer is hard to find. Hence, the retainer they want from you 5k, and yes 10K. The funny part is these lawyers think they are worth it or simply want to take you for a ride. The best thing your friend can do is prepare for the battle and follow what needs to be done and do the homework and at the end will be better off that way I know that for a fact. If you find a lawyer just because it was good to others does not mean it will good to you or your friend. You don't have a choice but to get one; make sure you are in charged in the process not the lawyer and does not take Still YOUR MONEY. I mett with a lawyer from the norh shore that said to me 10k retainer. obviously, he was looking to paid off his car just with me alone as his client or purchase a new one. Like I said if you do your homework; you are going to be better off. I guarantee it
Todd S
tttodds
Chicago, IL
Post #: 4
I worked with several lawyers and cannot recommend any of them. I can only tell you these to avoid. Jeffery Leving, Sally Lichter, Pete Wifler, Robert Johnson, Cynthia Lazar, Also, I suggest you find someon in your county so that they don't charge for travel. You may want to see if lawyers will offer a free consultation, or even one with a minimal cost. They will usually provide a lot of information, at least to learn what might be ahead. Lastly there is a website that may offer some consumer feedback about lawyers www.avvo.com-------Todd