addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The North Shore Divorce Support Meetup Group Message Board › New to this, would you recommend it to me?

New to this, would you recommend it to me?

A former member
Post #: 1

I am John. In the process of divorcing after 13 years. I searched for divorce support group and found this. What exactly is this? Would you recommend it to me. I am 34 years old. Is it a support group, a get together group or both? All of this is new to me.

Thanks for any info.
user 10142001
Glencoe, IL
Post #: 6
Hi John, sorry you are going through the process and good you found this group. I found this group to be extremely helpful, especially when I first going through separation and then the divorce process. It was very helpful to know there were a group of people like me going through the same experience, how we shred the experience from both the emotional and the process perspective. The monthly meetup is to discuss anything the members would like to discuss. Bill, the facilitator, is a divorce lawyer himself, so was extremely helpful with process related questions. I also made many friends as a result and till keep in contact with them.

Good luck!!!
user 3437293
Group Organizer
Highland Park, IL
Post #: 20
Jenn, thank you for the great review!

John - I tried to send this as an email to you John but the system keeps saying to try again later. My reply is late enough so I'm going to try to post it here...

Hi John,

Welcome. It is a welcome I have made many times and still wish I never had to. Still, I am glad you found us.

Sorry for the delay. I am a Photographer (not an attorney as Jenn suggests in her post to yours) and had a very busy weekend. We have lost our way for some time now when it comes to our regular monthly meets. I plan to correct this beginning in early October. This time of year our number always rise and it is never easy. For now please feel free to call anytime! I'll be happy to help in any way and tell you more about our great group.

You are not alone!
(847) 867 - 5309