The North Shore Divorce Support Meetup Group Message Board › We're taking suggestions!

We're taking suggestions!

A former member
Post #: 7
Hey everyone...

During our events, we occasionally get suggestions for new events and/or locales to consider.

Well, we'd like this discussion to be a place for your suggestions. Ultimately, this group is for you. The more feedback we can get, the more likely we'll have events which interest you.

Please feel welcome to comment on places you've recently been at that you feel the group might be interested in, or if there's a new place in the area that you're dying to check out.

Note to keep in mind that your suggestions should consider:

1) Can accomodate our typical group size. Our events need enough space for our typical group sizes of 15-20 attendees.

2) New places we haven't visited yet.

3) Old favorites that we've been at before and had a great time.

4) Accessible to our members - mostly Lake and Northern Cook County.

Thank you for the suggestions thus far. Keep 'em coming!
A former member
Post #: 10
I have 3 suggestions for upcoming events....

Karaoke

Karaoke

Karaoke
A former member
Post #: 7
Thanks for the suggestion - Where would you recommend for places that Karaoke? I have no clue where you can do this?
A former member
Post #: 11
I am not sure as to where a good place to karaoke is in Lake County. Maybe others might know of a good place or two where we can go out, have fun, and get our "sing" on.

I will have to do some research.
jon
user 5236788
Morton Grove, IL
Post #: 5
Milwaukee has a pretty cool new art museum on the lakefront. That could be fun for a few hours followed by dinner at a good German restaurant nearby.

Also: Milwaukee is also good for pub crawls, but not the best on taxis. Anybody have a van who wants to be the designated divorced driver?!
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Christine!

I found a couple places that have karaoke... they are as follows:

Grill 21 in Libertyville has Karaoke on Thursday evenings. It starts at 9:30pm though. Grill 21 is on Milwaukee, north of 60.

Mocha in Highwood (on Sheridan Road) has Karaoke on Tuesday nights from 8:30 - 11:30.

The Sponge Reef (1230 Valley Lake Drive) in Schaumburg (not Lake county, I know) that claims "The Sponge Reef is a local legend for karaoke. Our KJs and our regulars are known throughout the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. Newcomers are always welcome at The Sponge Reef!!"

Karaoke Hours are Wed, Thursday, Friday from 8pm - close, and Saturday from 9 to close.

Lamplighter Inn Tavern & Grill in Palatine has it on Thursdays and Durty Nellie's in Palatine has it on Tuesdays starting at 9pm.

Hope this helps??? As I find more, I'll be sure to add or let you know!
Kat
Kat6952
Kenosha, WI
Post #: 2
How about a Chicago Wolves hockey game? I can get order the tickets and get us really good seats. I'd need everyone to pay in advance naturally cuz after all I'm not made of money!! HEHE They have lots of Saturday night games. Anyone interested?
Kat
Kat6952
Kenosha, WI
Post #: 3
Adding on to the suggestion for Milwaukee, and I know this is early but what about hitting a Brewers game?
A former member
Post #: 83
Wolves games are always a fun time. Count me in!
A former member
Post #: 94
Any campers amoungst us? It's one of the activities I miss most now being single. Those beuatiful summer evenings sitting beneath the stars, sipping cocktails, being warmed by a glowing campfire. Anybody else enjoy the outdoor life? Perhaps a weekend at Starved Rock? Or whitewater rafting on the Wolf River?