My Washington, D.C client needs a full time, on-site, hourly-paid
Python/Django Developer to start ASAP for a 1-year (or longer) contract
at $90.00 per hour. Must work on-site for the duration of the project so
I need local candidates only or the ability to relocate to DC at own
expense for the duration. Applicants must have good command of the
English language and can work for any employer without complication.
* The contractor shall provide support to the client Application
Development Team to develop web content and information collections that
communicate the client’s key messages clearly and effectively and
shall provide the following services
* Meet with the Application Development Team and content contributors to
develop and discuss strategies and plans for client’s web products, to
analyze web content needs, and to propose ways the client's web products
can address those needs.
* Create web applications and RESTful web services using the Python
programming language and Django web framework, and do so with a strong
commitment to strengthening client’s existing RESTful platform.
* Help launch, maintain, monitor, and market client’s public data
Application Programming Interface (API) by engaging with outside
developers, authoring documentation, publishing companion APIs for web
products, and fixing bugs.
* Assist in both the architectural and visual modernization and
maintenance of the client's website which is based on WordPress.
* Support the management and development of a website powered by
WordPress, possibly including creating new WordPress plugins and
customizing existing ones
* Support the management and development of WordPress themes,
templates, and stylesheets
* Assist in the development and design of client’s internal knowledge
base powered by the MediaWiki software (possibly including modification
of the MediaWiki core and development of new MediaWiki extensions) with
an emphasis on compatibility with client’s RESTful intranet.
* Assist in the maintenance and improvement of knowledge base content
using MediaWiki markup and enterprise wiki best practices.
* Assist staff in the everyday use of MediaWiki.
* Engage with various personnel to understand requirements in order to
develop better software for bank supervision, enforcement, research, and
consumer response and identify new ways in which the development team
can easily solve problems.
* Collaborate with client on the design, development, and data teams to
build valuable tools that benefit the day-to-day operations and broader
* Proactively provide insight into new technologies and ideas that could
help the Technology Team and the at large.
* Assist in the development of Use Cases, Requirements Definition
Documents, User and Administration Manuals, Detailed Design
Specifications and Training Manuals and Plans.
If you can tackle this job and are available immediately, please send
your resume, availability to start a new project and your hourly rate to
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing
Follow me @ossjobs - New jobs posted daily. Full time, contract and