I am not a recruiter but a web developer looking for my next co-worker. The company is Vulnerability Research Labs, and we develop a variety of security-focused products. Although the government is one of our main customers, we behave more like a commercial company. We do a lot of research and development ourselves, take on the risk of building a product, and then "sell it off the shelf" to multiple customers. Specifically, we develop products around Cyber Threat Intelligence, Malware Analysis, and Vulnerability Research.
We have an office in Reston, VA and Columbia, MD. We are looking for web developers in both offices.Our People:
We are a 70 person company that is growing fast. More than half of our company has been hired within the last 3 years. Nearly the entire staff has a development background. We have technical teams that include smart people with various skill sets including kernel developers, malware analysts, web developers, and mobile developers. Our people are enthusiastic and enjoy what they do.
We strive to have a fun and social atmosphere. Each office has a well stocked kitchen with free snacks and drinks. We have a dedicated ping pong room. We have office wide lunches every week. It is not uncommon for our VP to call for a happy hour at the nearby pub.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for people in all the areas I mentioned above, but this post is specifically for Python/Django web developers. Ideally our candidates would:
- Consider themselves to be at least intermediate level with Python and Django (or Ruby and Rails).
- Have a passion for making high quality maintainable products, and think of ways to do it even better the next time.
- Enjoy exploring emerging technologies.
- Consider unit testing and other forms of automated testing to be invaluable. Recently we are using Django with nose and Ghost.py in conjunction with Django's LiveServerTestCase.
- Be familiar with Git (and Subversion). We are in the process of switching to Git.
If you have interest, please let me know!