April 26, 2013 · 4:00 PM
Ted Tieken will give an overview of the registration, authentication, and social integration landscape for Django apps, then give a demonstration of setting up a Facebook-enabled signup and login process with the django-allauth package.
Questions this talk will answer:
- How do I let users signup/in with Facebook/Twitter/Google?
- What are the most popular apps and packages for registration/auth/social-auth? Which one(s) should I use?
- What's the difference between Authentication and Authorization?
- Which parts does Django handle natively vs delegate to your implementation?
- Why should I care about registration and login?
At the talk Ted will be using and releasing the results of his Registration and Authentication survey, https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BYBXG59. Please fill it out if you haven't already.
Thanks to Wanderu for hosting and sponsoring the food! Kyruus is sponsoring drinks afterwards.