The Heroes' Guild of Maryland Message Board › savage worlds war of the dead

savage worlds war of the dead

mike
tauntdragoon
Gwynn Oak, MD
Post #: 33
im looking to try to get a group together to play the war of the dead campaign useing the savage worlds rule set i'am willing to run it for those of you who dont know what savage worlds is click the link for a review of it the war of the dead is your walking dead type campaign im looking to get about 4-5 people to play the more the better im looking to play like once a week or once every other week at about 4-5 hours a session but we can work out details if enough people want to play if you dont know the game i will teach you it take about ten minutes to learn reply back here or hit me up at tauntdragoon [at] gmail [dot] com
Philip L.
user 14666655
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 16
im looking to try to get a group together to play the war of the dead campaign useing the savage worlds rule set i'am willing to run it for those of you who dont know what savage worlds is click the link for a review of it the war of the dead is your walking dead type campaign im looking to get about 4-5 people to play the more the better im looking to play like once a week or once every other week at about 4-5 hours a session but we can work out details if enough people want to play if you dont know the game i will teach you it take about ten minutes to learn reply back here or hit me up at tauntdragoon [at] gmail [dot] com
when and where
mike
tauntdragoon
Gwynn Oak, MD
Post #: 34
well ur the first to respond i thinking at one of the local game store around like games and stuff or collectors corner or if some one wants to host cause i cant really do it at my place dont really have the room but i want to get started as soon as we can right now i have a buddy that might be interested in playing he hinted at me he want to play so im trying to get a group together so we can start
Philip L.
user 14666655
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 17
Check with collectors corner
mike
tauntdragoon
Gwynn Oak, MD
Post #: 36
well i got one other person that interested i'm looking to do possibly Saturday evenings starting 4pm still trying to work somethings out just need to find out if it works with everyone
Bob
user 9790587
Joppa, MD
Post #: 39
hmm, sounds interesting!

But i'm not much on liking the Savage World game mechanics ..

I tried a Savage Worlds fantasy setting game about 8 years ago and the game was a bust after a few sessions as others in the group didn't care much for it either.

But i think a straight human game with no magic could work, and really be fun in my book as its the Walking Dead theme right!?

I have 2 others from my group that like Zombie theme games I think they would join in to but we pretty much don't do game store to play.

I can host if you like if you guys are open to that on saturday evenings but more 5 o'clickish about every 2 to 3 weeks.

I live right off York Road in the Timonium/Cockeysville area.

If not it's totally okay and i understand !

~Bob
mike
tauntdragoon
Gwynn Oak, MD
Post #: 37
i only chose the store cause i know a bus goes right by it cause that how i get around but from the way you talk it sounds like a bus would take me close enough to you like only a few blocs
Bob
user 9790587
Joppa, MD
Post #: 40
Hey Mike,

The bus stops at the bottom of my street. Do you use the light rail as my brother Michael comes from the city also when he played and I picked him and dropped off.

Also, Glen one of our players pending where you live could drop you off after the game. Though I have not toalked to any of my other gaming buddies yet about playing this game so I don't know for sure or not.

But Philip Lee is also I see interested in your game and I don't want to step on anybodies toes per say if you guys were looking more to do a game store showing. I would like both you guys to be confortable and some are more confortable gaming at gaming stores.

My basement is mediem sized with 4 by 8 table with a vinyal dry ease square grid game mat going over the entire table which makes gaming illustrations great. You can't do this in a game store too easy. I also grill burgers, hot dogs and chicken, to my knowledge no grilling at game stores LOL I think the right foods is one of the most important aspects of gaming biggrin

~Bob

mike
tauntdragoon
Gwynn Oak, MD
Post #: 38
i live in the woodlawn area right off exit 17 on 695 its two buses for me to get to towson an one bus to the rail i have to take a bus downtown its about the same amout of time for me either way for me but yeah i like playing in a residence better cause you can go a little longer if need be and u dont have to worry about the store closing in the middle of a important battle or something else a little more important i have ran game before in a store it was fun cause you got people stop by and ask about what your playing and prospects of new players but its also a double sword as its a distraction i have game with phil before i dont think he will mind i got another buddy but i dont know if he still want to join or not he was showing interest in it but he has not gotten back to me about it but im game i got pretty much every thing ready to go and start i got a event i'm doing on the 27th we can work out the rest over email or phone you can email me at tauntdragoon [at] gmail [dot] com and i can give you my number
Philip L.
user 14666655
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 22
I'm still interested but I work retail and gettin a regular Saturday off is hard at best. I've been doing the bulk of my gaming during the week.