Philip L.
user 14666655
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 24
I am Curious to know what was your first Role playing game and what games you prefer to play now? My first ever RPG was Marvel Super Heros and my Genres of choice are Sci-Fi and Supers. Let's hear about your games.
A former member
Post #: 15
The way I started was with Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone's Clash of Princes: The Warrior's Way, converted from the choose-your-own-adventure book to a tabletop role-playing game. Then we did Mentzer Ed. basic D&D. Both worked fairly amazingly for my 8 year old self. I think the sense of exploration and my innocence of the genre were the main motivating factors -- that is, always finding new things with each step. But the games were also run by much older kids who had a clear interest in the integrity of the game-world, and these older boys were sort of managed by this man who seemed to be a real veteran of fantasy and role-playing. At the time, I was also really influenced by The Hobbit and the Fellowship of the Ring (more than the other LOTR books), so I kind of wanted to play out my curiosity for that world. Well, there were many motivating factors for preferring that kind of a genre over others -- one of which is the fact that, in many countries (famously France, but also Israel, which is where I grew up), genres other than pure high fantasy are regarded as insignificant, uninteresting, even altogether ridiculous. The way one Israeli friend put it to me was as a weapon conundrum: "How can you play in a world in which one shot from a laser blaster is enough to kill?" I guess he felt that combat necessitated a more thorough breakdown.

Well, by this point I'm really babbling. Let me get to some kind of a point.

Honestly, right now, I'd be curious to play a number of games. In fact, I was thinking back about Cyberpunk 2020. Were you able to get a game going? Have you got a few more interested players? I'd love to give that game a serious go. I'd even be happy to host. PM me at any point if you want to get something together for, say, a bi-weekly or even monthly game.
Philip L.
user 14666655
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 25
What a great reply thanks. I don't think you were babbling at all just going in depth which is very cool. I'm impressed that you started gaming at 8. I didn't start till I was 17. About the one kill Laser well that's what big nasty Laser can do to a PC seeing as how humans even character Humans are 85% water or something like that lol. I have found two Brothers that game join me and my roommate. We have only played one session so far. I will PM you with further details.