A former member
Post #: 40
I played extensively through the 80's, picked it up again in the mid 2000's for a couple years, looking to start adventuring again AD&D style.

I'm available most weekend afternoons (depending on home and my daughter).

AD&D players...what says you?
Bob
user 9790587
Joppa, MD
Post #: 47
Hey hi Thomas,

It's a shame we kinda finshed up an AD&D game a several months back where were you lol

I have been gaming since the late 70's myself and its nice to see others still looking to do AD&D besides myself !!

Anyhow, we are looking get another game going in the next few weeks but it's not AD&D its more like 3.5 D&D as you probably read my post. If you can't find anything AD&D wise it's better then a blank to jump in with us!wink

You're about 30 miniute drive to me so that's no biggy but we are playing Saturday evenings about twice a month.

And looking for another player or 2. If you're interested by all means hollar back!

Thanks,
Bob

A former member
Post #: 41
Thanks for the invite Bob ,man that blows I just missed an AD&D game!

The last time I played was in the mid 2000's. I'm itching to go adventuring again.

I have only played 1st edition, so I have no experience with 3.5. If it works out on my end (home and our 2.5 year old daughter) would your group want to teach 3.5 to someone new? I would understand if that is not the case, I don't want to hold the party back.

Thanks again,

-Thomas

Bob
user 9790587
Joppa, MD
Post #: 48
My girlfriend who's going to play is not that good with 3.5 rules at all but she still going to play so it's not a problem at all if you join in. The GM Dan also has a daughter that's a little younger then yours, its a small world!

Any how 3.5 is still similar to AD&D but with a lot more abiltiy to customize your character with things called Feats and now you buy skills with points given to you each lvl.

So if you're game to learn and get some time play once or twice a month on Saturday evenings then heck yeah, join us.

Just let me know and I'll PM you with more details!

I will have extra core books so don't sweat not having a book and Dan the GM has told he has the PDF of the game on file also!
A former member
Post #: 42
Feats and buying skills? I will have to read more about that.

Thanks again for being open, if Saturday evenings could work out, I would be open to learning and playing. I will let you know,

-Thomas
Shroudeye
Shroudeye
Pasadena, MD
Post #: 3
Cut my teeth on 1st edition. Any interest in playing?
Bob
user 9790587
Joppa, MD
Post #: 51

I have recently hooked up with the writer of Sojourner's Quest that has only come out in the last several weeks. It's like early D&D for the most part, hit points are called energy points and races are on an even playing field per say. The game is pretty easy and cut and dry. No weird races to play and no half Orcs as I guess it's more of flavor
like Middle Earth in that weird races would not be excepted.

Elves, Dwarves, Halflings and Humans are the options with the 4 basic character classes, Sorcerer, Healer, Thief and my favorite the Warrior lol
He is getting ready to run a game in Cockeysville on Saturday late afternoons and into the evening. Right now its 3 players and a GM who Randall Ellis the person who got the published and wrote it.
A former member
Post #: 57

Likewise. I would love to start playing 1E again. I'm available on weekends depending on home.
Shroudeye
Shroudeye
Pasadena, MD
Post #: 6
I am in the same situation, weekends are preferred but work trumps most of my week.
A former member
Post #: 62
Along with Bob, we should be able to get something together.