align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Heroes' Guild of Maryland Message Board › Professional Maps

Professional Maps

A former member
Post #: 5
I make professional quality maps for any type of game you might play.

Fantasy, War, SciFi ext.

If you have details and Ideas, I can make it happen. I can take your ideas and make them a real and beautiful map or create a set of maps for you on my own based upon you general guidance.

My maps come with any and all features that you may need, including DM and player modifications of the same map. Everything from grids to political symbols, territory coloring to ancient pen and ink sketching.

Additionally, if you have your own specific icons that you need or want on your map, I can make that happen as well, just keep in mind that I am not a magician, so I can only do so much with lowgrade pictures, images and icons.

If you are interested, email me at dfsjohn@gmail.com with the following Subject line: "Map Commission - TVG - (your name)"

I am not looking to make a million dollars off of my fellow gamers, however, due to the time and effort put into making high quality maps, and the cost of new software and computer hardware upgrades, I can't be making maps for nothing. That being said, each commission is unique and has unique requirements and will vary in time needed. Therefore, I offer the following table of costs as a guide only. The total/final cost will be discussed upon a commission request and agreed upon prior to any work. Prices will depend on the type and style of map desired and the level of detail requested.

Overland Maps:
Cost per map: Varies: $5.00 - $250.00
Map Sets (5+ Maps): $50.00 - $1500.00
Variations of Original: +35% of original map cost or $2.50 (whichever is more)
Adding Your Art/Icons: $5.00 - $15.00
Mailed Printouts: $2.50 - $10.00

Dungeons:
Individual Rooms/Small Maps: $5.00 - $25.003
Full Dungeons/Complexes: $25.00 - $1500.00

Payment Types: Cash, Check, Credit Card (Processed Via Square or Paypal), PayPal, Google Checkout

Please know that all of my maps are my intellectual property and there creation, likeness and design are owned by me and may be used by me as I may see fit. Additionally, all of my maps are copywrited. I would ask that you respect this copywrite.

Any maps you get from me may be used however you like except in any manner in which you make a personal profit as a direct result of the maps that you have purchased from me.

You may purchase the copywrite from me, however, for an additional $100.00 per map. This will grant you full ownership of maps and their likenesses to be used whenever and however you see fit, to include making a profit from them.

Any maps I make my be sold to other people/customers as a pre-made map or as part of a random set. You may ask that your map not be made available to any other persons by purchasing the copywrite or by paying a $15.00 non-duplication fee per map you wish to keep unique.

Any map you buy the copywrite for is your property and will not appear in any of my future websites, profiles or portfolios. Any map made as a non-duplication map may still be used as I see fit for promotions, websites or portfolios, however, I will not sell or give away any of these maps.

I know that is a long post, but I figured I would put most of the pertinent info out there to answer some of the more common questions. :)

Oh, and yes, these are sold via my personal business. Credit Cards would all be processed via my Companies Merchant Account(s).

Hope to hear from some of you soon.
Philip L.
user 14666655
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 27
I make professional quality maps for any type of game you might play.

Fantasy, War, SciFi ext.

If you have details and Ideas, I can make it happen. I can take your ideas and make them a real and beautiful map or create a set of maps for you on my own based upon you general guidance.

My maps come with any and all features that you may need, including DM and player modifications of the same map. Everything from grids to political symbols, territory coloring to ancient pen and ink sketching.

Additionally, if you have your own specific icons that you need or want on your map, I can make that happen as well, just keep in mind that I am not a magician, so I can only do so much with lowgrade pictures, images and icons.

If you are interested, email me at dfsjohn@gmail.com with the following Subject line: "Map Commission - TVG - (your name)"

I am not looking to make a million dollars off of my fellow gamers, however, due to the time and effort put into making high quality maps, and the cost of new software and computer hardware upgrades, I can't be making maps for nothing. That being said, each commission is unique and has unique requirements and will vary in time needed. Therefore, I offer the following table of costs as a guide only. The total/final cost will be discussed upon a commission request and agreed upon prior to any work. Prices will depend on the type and style of map desired and the level of detail requested.

Overland Maps:
Cost per map: Varies: $5.00 - $250.00
Map Sets (5+ Maps): $50.00 - $1500.00

Dungeons:
Individual Rooms/Small Maps: $5.00 - $25.003
Full Dungeons/Complexes: $25.00 - $1500.00

Payment Types: Cash, Check, Credit Card (Processed Via Square or Paypal), PayPal, Google Checkout

Please know that all of my maps are my intellectual property and there creation, likeness and design are owned by me and may be used by me as I may see fit. Additionally, all of my maps are copywrited. I would ask that you respect this copywrite.

Any maps you get from me may be used however you like except in any manner in which you make a personal profit as a direct result of the maps that you have purchased from me.

You may purchase the copywrite from me, however, for an additional $100.00 per map. This will grant you full ownership of maps and their likenesses to be used whenever and however you see fit, to include making a profit from them.

Any maps I make my be sold to other people/customers as a pre-made map or as part of a random set. You may ask that your map not be made available to any other persons by purchasing the copywrite or by paying a $15.00 non-duplication fee per map you wish to keep unique.

Any map you buy the copywrite for is your property and will not appear in any of my future websites, profiles or portfolios. Any map made as a non-duplication map may still be used as I see fit for promotions, websites or portfolios, however, I will not sell or give away any of these maps.

I know that is a long post, but I figured I would put most of the pertinent info out there to answer some of the more common questions. :)

Oh, and yes, these are sold via my personal business. Credit Cards would all be processed via my Companies Merchant Account(s).

Hope to hear from some of you soon.
Sci-fi maps you say? Cool. How is $5 differ from the $250 maps and all those in between?
A former member
Post #: 7
Well, if you are familiar with mapping, especially game mapping, there are many different styles ranging from cartoonish to increasingly realistic with every finite detail rounded out.

A $250 map would be a one of those later maps I mentioned. They take a lot of time and reworking each detail to make sure it is perfect, i.e. no shadows over a main object or a building/city that is over the edge of the land. That sort of thing.

A $5 map would be more like combat fields or simple, low detail area maps. Star fields with some detail and so forth would be in that arena. Also, some of the maps that I have made for someone for lets say $35 dollars, unless they buy the rights to it I can sell copies, so if you tell me, "hey, I just need a simple map of a small island and I don't care whats on it." BAM! Simple $5 map. No extra work on my end and you get\ what you need without too much hassle.

Hope that answers your question.

If you have any others, let me know.
Philip L.
user 14666655
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 28
Fantastic. Thanks for the info and the quick reply.
A former member
Post #: 8
Fantastic. Thanks for the info and the quick reply.

No worries.

Once I get all settled in here, I plan on posting a few examples of the different map styles and so forth.