The Ann Arbor kings Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board › Kids Game - 3.5 Forgotten Realms

Kids Game - 3.5 Forgotten Realms

Jim Clare
user 3508444
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 37
This game will be based in Waterdeep. I will be using material from Cityscape and Dungeonscape so feel free to use feats, spells, equipment etc... from those books.
Starting Gold 3,300 GP.
4th level and 28 point buy for statistics.
Players handbook races only unless I approve. Send email to jim.clare@gmail.com with back story if you want to play something else.
No evil role-playing or alignments.
I will provide pre-generated Player's Handbook classes for newcomers.
Kids under 12 need a parent present at the table.
Bluff, diplomacy, disguise, gather information, intimidate and sense motive skills will be used often and should not be dump skills. Role playing skills and stats will be important.

Some house rules:
* Diagonal movement costs two square instead of 1 1/2. Because it takes two squares to get there.
* Intimidate is a combination of strength plus charisma. So if you have a -1 to charisma and a +4 to strength your intimidate bonus is +3. If your strength is -2 and your charisma is +3 then you add +1 to intimidate. Because tough guys are intimidating even if ugly.
* There are no restrictions on Multi-Classing
* All Wizards and Clerics have to present the DM with memorised spells per day at the beginning of each day.
* Grapple rules - Opposed Grapple check and that is it. What can you do in a grapple? Nothing but prevent the person from doing anything either. You are wrestling. Get used to it. What happens when someone joins a grapple? Aid another = +2 to your strength if they role over 10. Check each round.
* No need to for Wizards or Clerics to memorise 0 level spells. You have them all the time like a sorcerer. You do have to pick per day however.
* Ranged Weapons add Dex to damage
Jim Clare
user 3508444
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 43
Last month summary

You were all asked by to perform a test that would get you into the elite group of the Grey Hand Enforcers. You met the leader of the GHE named Jardwim at Blackstaff Tower.

You were asked to go collect taxes from a dwarf named Maavu. You went to his warehouse but could not find him. While there you managed to kill an umber hulk who was set on destroying the city. Many of you went a little crazy and one of you almost died.

After the attack you mingled with some patrons of a nearby tavern. You managed to find out where Maavu's house was in the North district. Also, one of you found magic sigils in the ruins of Maavu's ruined warehouse.

Once back at Blackstaff Tower you were met by Laeral Silverhand who invited you to a party to congratulate you on your endeavors. You were invited to an exclusive club called The Gentle Mermaid. You were also presented with badges which give you special permissions in the city. These should not be flaunted because you are after all undercover. Jardwim thinks there may be some dirty agents in his ranks.

You all went to the party except the half-orc who didn't have proper clothes. You spent your time there eating, drinking and gambling. Finally Laeral introduced you to an old withered dwarf named Davked Splintershield. He told the story of how his son Zenith was adventuring in the Underdark and was now imprisoned there by strange creatures. He paid you 2000 GP each with a promise of 2000 more upon the return of his son. Once of you gets a funny feeling about this dwarf.

You all spent the rest of the evening doing various things. One of you spotted dark shapes going from rooftop to rooftop in the night. Others were treated like kings in Maavu's home by his servants. They have no idea where he may be but he often does business up North in the mountains.

You were given a map by Davked that would direct you toward an old hermit named Jared. On your way you were surprised by two bugbears and a chimera. The half-orc fighter fell in battle and you now these creatures to deal with.

Up ahead you see what look like ruins and it looks like that is where the map ends.
Josh McAlpine
user 11649155
Grand Rapids, MI
Post #: 2
I would LOVE to join this game. What is the list of books that we can use? Is it just Players handbook, DMG, dungeonscape, cityscape and forgotten realms books? Or is the Complete (Warrior/Arcane/Divine/Adventurer) set available?
Jim Clare
user 3508444
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 57
I would LOVE to join this game. What is the list of books that we can use? Is it just Players handbook, DMG, dungeonscape, cityscape and forgotten realms books? Or is the Complete (Warrior/Arcane/Divine/Adventurer) set available?

At this point that game has evolved into a general 3.5 game. All WOTC books are approved generally.

Jim
Josh McAlpine
user 11649155
Grand Rapids, MI
Post #: 3
Awesome, thanks! Ill be there with about 2-4 PCs to fill the needs of the party. (I don't wanna step on anyones toes)
A former member
Post #: 1
Erm... why no evil pc's? =P Neutral evil plz :P
Jim Clare
user 3508444
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 58
Erm... why no evil pc's? =P Neutral evil plz :P

Are you serious?
Josh McAlpine
user 11649155
Grand Rapids, MI
Post #: 4
Bad news, I cant come to the next game. Mother's Day weekend and all. So I'll see you all at the next game.

Nevermind that, I'll be there!
Josh McAlpine
user 11649155
Grand Rapids, MI
Post #: 5
Anything happen at the last meet up?