Dungeons & Dragons, Detroit and Southeast Michigan Message Board DM/GM's looking for players › Looking for the Old School feel?? I got it here!

Looking for the Old School feel?? I got it here!

Jack
jackbytor
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Post #: 4
I am looking for players that love the feel of old school D&D. I have a campaign that thrives on dungeon crawls, fun city adventures and the quintessential old school plot lines.

I have spent a lot of time playing the different versions of D&D including Pathfinder, and IMO the "feel" is gone. There is way too much die rolling for everything. There is an absurd amount of number crunching and characters that are based on abilities and power (min/maxing) instead of the role playing aspect. To me, the game has become more complicated, bloated and cumbersome than is necessary.

That's what I want to change with this campaign. Easy to play and fun, the way it used to be.

I have done a lot of playtesting of D&D Next and am pleasantly surprised with the system. I have based my house rules on that rules set. (with a sprinkling of other versions just to spice it up) I made this decision on the ease of play coupled with my preferred technique of DMing.

I plan on making this a weekly thing (I'm shooting for Saturday but will finalize as soon as I get everyone's input). I am hosting it at my home in Bloomfield. (Opdyke and Square Lake area).

I have a private gaming area with a big gaming table, plenty of outlets for laptops, tablets or phones. A 24" TV next to the table that I use as a monitor for showing game related material to the players. I set this area up specifically for playing D&D. Bonus: Snacks (chips, popcorn, bottled water) will usually be provided.

I already have 2-4 players on-board, so I still need another 2-3. If you are interested let me know and I will contact you.

One stipulation, I am looking for responsible players that will be there for every session possible. I know that real life is more important than a game, but I will expect a level of maturity and responsibility to the game from any and all players.

I'm sure that I will have things come up as well, and we will have to cancel from time to time. But I will make sure that these days are far and few between and they will be announced plenty of time in advance

This game will be starting with 1st level characters within a couple weeks. So if you are interested let me know ASAP so you don't miss out.
Grymhammer
Grymhammer
Rochester, MI
Post #: 7
Sounds interesting at least. What day are you planning on playing?
Jack
jackbytor
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Post #: 5
1st get together is this Saturday the 12th at 12 noon. Anyone interested email me so we can make arrangements.
Jack
jackbytor
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Post #: 6
1st session went great. Still looking for a couple more players. We meet on Saturdays. Next session will be on November 2nd at Noon. We will then be meeting on a regular basis. preferably every Saturday. But it may be every other. We shall see what the players want.

Get in touch if you want to join.