Dungeons & Dragons, Detroit and Southeast Michigan Message Board DM/GM's looking for players › Looking for players for a 5e game

Looking for players for a 5e game

Frank
user 8600072
Davisburg, MI
Post #: 260
Hi, my group is getting back together for a game night every Thursday. We will probably be playing at the new Guild of Blades on 14 Mile near I-75. Right now we have a DM and 3-4 players (depending on who can make it to the new location).

Next Thursday (8/14) we will be getting together to create new 5e characters and start playing. We will be playing from around 7-11 every Thursday. We may be doing two games eventually every other Thursday with me DMing one week and one of the other group members DMing another campaign the next week, but those details are still up in the air.

Let me know if you are interested or would like more info.
Jack
jackbytor
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Post #: 13
I can't make it this Thursday but I would like to participate starting next week. I normally have Thursday nights free. What adventures are you planning on playing?
Frank
user 8600072
Davisburg, MI
Post #: 261
We just started the adventure from the starter set. Not sure where the story is going from there. Maybe some stuff from the Tyranny of Dragons or maybe some other adventures. I typically play it by ear and kind of just see how the story develops and what the players/PCs are interested in doing.

Come by on the 21st and check it out.
Jack
jackbytor
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Post #: 14
Looks like I will be able to make it on Thursday. My plans changed. I hope to see you all there.
Frank
user 8600072
Davisburg, MI
Post #: 263
We are starting back up on every other Wednesday night (starting this upcoming week on 5/13) in Livonia.

Anyone interested in playing 5e? We are starting at third level.
Mark S
MSerrahn
Brighton, MI
Post #: 30
We are starting back up on every other Wednesday night (starting this upcoming week on 5/13) in Livonia.

I'm interested, but could you tell me a little more about the game (style of play, what your looking for in a player other than a warm body at the table) and the group? You mentioned starting back up - is this a continuation of another campaign?

Thanks!
Mark
Frank
user 8600072
Davisburg, MI
Post #: 265

I'm interested, but could you tell me a little more about the game (style of play, what your looking for in a player other than a warm body at the table) and the group? You mentioned starting back up - is this a continuation of another campaign?
Not a continuous campaign but I have played with these players for 4-5 years now through several campaigns. We have mostly played 4e together but we are playing 5e now. Life has gotten in the way and we are down to two players plus me the DM.

For this campaign we are starting at 3rd level. I will be using Mystara as the world and running some old B/X series modules from the 80s (moderately to heavily tweaked).

As for my style I like most a mix of combat and social interaction with some exploration, but I don't typically run exploration heavy campaigns. That said I try to tailor my game to the players involved. I typically have a rough idea of where I want the campaign to go but that can change depending on the actions of the PCs and the wants of the players. I sometimes throw out several plot hooks and see which ones they gravitate towards.

We will be playing at RIW Hobbies on 5 Mile and Middlebelt every other Wednesday night (5/13, 5/27, 6/10, etc.) from 7 to around 10-10:30. Sometimes we go to 11:00 when they close but I try to wrap things up before then.

As far as the player type I am just looking for someone to have some fun and not take things too seriously. I try to inject humor in as much as possible. I am not crazy about power gamers looking to "win" at D&D. Character death can happen at my table so it's not a good place for people that get too emotionally attached to characters. Your character will probably survive he campaign, just no guarantees. :)

Any other questions?
Mark S
MSerrahn
Brighton, MI
Post #: 31
Thanks, Frank - that sounds interesting and I'd like to give it a try on this Wednesday if that works for you! I can put together a character beforehand (thinking perhaps a Bard or that's in play, a Wizard as I want to get a feel for the casting in the system from the player perspective). Feel free to message me any details/parameters/questions as well!
Thanks,
Mark
Frank
user 8600072
Davisburg, MI
Post #: 266
Sounds good. See you there.
Jim H.
user 7606270
Novi, MI
Post #: 30
Hi Frank

I played with you guys a few years ago and wouldn't mind trying out 5th ed if you have room.