addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Austin D&D and Tabletop RPG Meetup Group Message Board Meetups › New Meetup: OwlCon XXX

New Meetup: OwlCon XXX

Jerod
user 4245920
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Announcing a new Meetup for The Austin Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group!

What: OwlCon XXX

When: Friday, January 28, 2011 7:00 PM

Where: Rice University
RMC/Ley Student Center
Houston, TX 77001

Hey All! Long time, no Meetup!

Yeah, the sad demise of Battleforge Games really threw a wrench into the works for us, and that combined with the demands of real life has made for slow going in finding new gaming space. Hopefully we can settle on something soon, but in the meantime, I wanted to tell everyone about OwlCon XXX!

Held on the campus of Rice University in Houston, this will be the first OwlCon for me, but I've heard great things about it. There will be tons of games offered, from all flavors of D&D, to other big names like Call of Cthulhu and Shadowrun, to Indie games like Burning Wheel, to obscure games no one I know has even heard of.

Registration is open right now, and a measely $20 buys you a weekend pass to all the tabletop rpgs, as well as the boardgames, card games and miniatures games. For an extra $8, you get access to the special events, like the LARPs. (I must admit, the Paranoia LARP does seem kinda intriguing.) Whatever happens to be your cup of tea, the earlier you register, the more likely you are to get spots in your preferred games.

Are you a cheapskate who doesn't want to drop even a sawbuck for all this gaming goodness? You're in luck! OwlCon is still taking volunteers to run games, handle registration and the like, which gets you free admission and convention T-shirt.

This isn't a typical Meetup, but if you decide to go, please RSVP anyway, we might try to get a caravan going over. See you there!

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­