Austin D&D, Pathfinder, RPG Meetup Group Message Board Forming a Group (GMs/DMs/Players) › Possibly forming a (South Austin) GURPS Dungeon Fantasy group as DM

Possibly forming a (South Austin) GURPS Dungeon Fantasy group as DM

ray_blake
ray_blake
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Really just trying to gauge interest in such a thing. I've been playing AD&D for many years and even DM'd for a few friends, but I think it's quite a different thing to DM people you've never met. I'm enjoying the game I'm in at Whose Turn Is it (Thanks Norm!) but I'm wondering if it might be fun to run something.

I like GURPS because the system is broad enough that no two characters will be alike, though that does have a downside in that creating a character takes a bit of time. I would ideally like to find players and speak to them individually or over email to have characters ready before the first meetup. I would also like to use that time to gauge what kind of game the players would like.

This would be something I'm aiming to do within a few weeks, provided I see some interest. So while there's no time crunch, if no one's interested I can move on to my next 'great idea'. Love to know what the group thinks.