hogunthegrim
user 8899241
Austin, TX
Post #: 17
As the story goes, my Friday game is no more and I'm left to wonder about the current state of Friday gaming in ATX.

I'm considering launching a new 3.5/Pathfinder game, scheduled for Friday evenings, if I can find enough folks who want to play.

If you're interested, PM me or email me a hoguntehgrim @ yahoo.

Thanks!

K
hogunthegrim
user 8899241
Austin, TX
Post #: 18
From an earlier post, but the campaign info is the same...

My DM philosophy/campaign ideas:

Players first - no DM favorites, no DMs's old PCs running the show, meta-arc decided by PC actions up to 5th-7th level (instead of determined ahead of time, based on DM wish lists).

Combat should be fast, efficient, memorable and tricky. Expect fights on steep grades, narrow catwalks, taverns on fire, etc. If you have to remember fights by who got a critical, things could be better.

Magic-rich world. Most people are familiar with magic and most magic-users are low level. PCs are standouts at every level of the game.

Evil is ascendant and everywhere. But the world probably isn't going to be destroyed if the PCs take a day off.

The Game

The campaign will center around a major city with a fair mix of heroic combat, roleplaying and politics. PCs will be able to excel in whatever they want socially, so a fighter can become a successful merchant-prince if that's what she wants. You won't be hemmed in by your class.

It won't be an urban campaign per se, it's just that's where the early jobs, early patrons, early enemies, etc. will come from.

I'll be testing Pathfinder, so all classes recieve an upgrade from base 3.5. PF got rid of a lot of dead levels and made it easier to pick skills outside of your class skills, which means more action in non-combat situations. In addition to the PF rules, I will allow limited use of action points and Wizards d20 splat material on a case-by-case basis. Advantage players.

Probably Eberron as a base world. I'm not too big into custom stuff (worlds, gods, etc), but I will reward PC/player ownership of custom ideas (knightly orders, religious sects w/in churches, etc).
Rourke
Rourke11
Buda, TX
Post #: 7
Where are you located and what time on Fridays? I might be interested. Located in South and I do mean South... Buda.
hogunthegrim
user 8899241
Austin, TX
Post #: 19
I'm in NW Austin. From 6-11 or 7-12 Fridays.
A former member
Post #: 3
In case my email didnt get through, if you have enough dice for me to use at game until I get my own again Im in for fridays. you can send me any further details at my email justinwb923atyahoodotcom
Ben H.
user 4137338
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
I replied on the dragons lair boards, but I am interested in joining up and playing. I am up in NW Austin. Send me an email and I can join on Friday
hogunthegrim
user 8899241
Austin, TX
Post #: 22
Game is full up for the moment. Thank you all for your interest!
hogunthegrim
user 8899241
Austin, TX
Post #: 25
We've had two players drop so we are looking for two more.

If you're interested, PM me or email me a hoguntehgrim @ yahoo.
hogunthegrim
user 8899241
Austin, TX
Post #: 30
We still have an opening for those folks who may be interested. Please PM me here or email me at hoguntehgrim (at) yahoo.

Thanks!
hogunthegrim
user 8899241
Austin, TX
Post #: 31
Group is full (again).

Thank you for your interest!