A former member
Post #: 3
Has anyone thought about which wed. ? Also, will there be a problem from the group if one person has to leave eary do to a eary morning work shift... ever? I have to be onsite at 5:00 am--- I get up at 3:50 am and work till 6:30 pm. This coming thrus. is a work day. Please, don't get me wrong, I do want to play. I just thought it important to let you all know.

That being said..
OK... a place that severs fast food might work... plus the food is kind of cheap. Have we come up with a game and a DM? Any classes / races refused? And how long does it take to make a character? Oh yes, do we hold them ourselves or does the DM?
A former member
Post #: 5
Has anyone thought about which wed. ? Also, will there be a problem from the group if one person has to leave eary do to a eary morning work shift... ever? I have to be onsite at 5:00 am--- I get up at 3:50 am and work till 6:30 pm. This coming thrus. is a work day. Please, don't get me wrong, I do want to play. I just thought it important to let you all know.

That being said..
OK... a place that severs fast food might work... plus the food is kind of cheap. Have we come up with a game and a DM? Any classes / races refused? And how long does it take to make a character? Oh yes, do we hold them ourselves or does the DM?

Jay,

According to the poll we will be meeting this Thursday around 7pm. The location is not determined yet but there is a poll up for it now. I do not think we are meeting to play D&D or any other rp game. I think we are meeting so DMs and Players can potentially put together groups. It is always nice to meet fellow D&D players regardless of if anyone works out a gaming group for themselves :)

Justin
A former member
Post #: 3

That being said..

I pretty sure its just a meeting for DM and players to get together and try to get groups going, get into groups and find out what the RPG community in general is up to. IMHO Columbia RPG community is kinda fragmented since you have the college crowd, the miltary and everyone else and thier is not a strong RPG store that is bringing everyone together. Sorry but I don't rank Heroes and Dragons a strong RPG store (IMHO its barely a RPG store since most of its floor space and its sales focus is more on comics and 80's tinkets that RPG's)..
A former member
Post #: 1
My husband and I would like to come but we might have our 5 year old with us... Our vote is a laid back place like the food court at the mall or a fast food restaurants. I think with a number of 12+ that a quiet book store is not the way to go... and we prefer not to do the bar as well. Just our opinion, let us know.

~Jillian
A former member
Post #: 4
IHOP sounds good... what is it near...I'm from Lugoff. Someone email me exact location please.
Thursday is also open...No work this Friday. Look forward to meeting you all.

Jay
A former member
Post #: 6
Looks like Barnes and Noble is winning so far.
A former member
Post #: 4
My husband and I would like to come but we might have our 5 year old with us... Our vote is a laid back place like the food court at the mall or a fast food restaurants. I think with a number of 12+ that a quiet book store is not the way to go... and we prefer not to do the bar as well. Just our opinion, let us know.

~Jillian

I agree IHOP is sounding like the better choice. 12+ people is going to get kinda rowdy.. We are meeting this Wed at 7 right?
A former member
Post #: 8
Heya guys

I went ahead and scheduled the meetup for Barnes and Noble because that was the place leading in votes when I got home late last night. If people don't like that location, please be sure to vote in the poll that was given. I can still change the meetup site as long as it isn't changed at the last minute. The other alternative is that we can meet and Barnes and Noble and if we decide it isn't the place to be, then we can just drive to IHOP which is 3.7 miles (checked on google's directions) and about 5 minutes away. You just take a left on Harbison out of the Barnes and Noble parking lot and then take a left on Saint Andrews and IHOP will be on the left on Saint Andrews.

Jasper
A former member
Post #: 8
its been resheduled to the IHoP now, right?
A former member
Post #: 10
Yep...It's now scheduled for IHOP.