The Columbia Dungeons & Dragons/Superhero RPG Meetup Group Message Board › Everyone's schedule and suggested playing groups

Everyone's schedule and suggested playing groups

A former member
Heya Guys and Ladies

First I want to say thanks to everyone that came for the meetup...I'm glad to see that we're starting to mobilize people that want to play DnD in Columbia.

Ok...now for business
Here's a brief summary of everyone's schedule that I gathered from the meetup. I've also included people that emailed me the days that they want to play. I know that Ian also wants to play, so I'll have to get his info at a later time.

Jasper M,Th Player
Justin M,T,Th Player
Lucas every day Player
Sean all nights and Sunday daytime Player
Jillian Th,Fr,Sat Player
David Th,Fr,Sat Can DM but prefers playing
Michael M,T,Fr prefers to DM
Jay Crazy work schedule Player
Will Fr, Sat, Su Prefers to DM homebrew games
Daniel All nights except Sunday Looking to DM/play
Joshua has every other weekend off DM or player
Mary Fri, Sat, sun Player
Laura All nights Player
Ron All nights DM/Player
Ian ? ?

I'll suggest groups, but what groups you guys want to make are entirely up to you.

The first game would be a weekend game. Joshua said that he has every other weekend off and he has had lots of experience DMing in the past. I think he would make a good DM for a game including Mary, David, Jillian, and Sean based on their schedules and what I know of them (I've met Mary previously). This group may want to pick up 1 more experienced player since there will be two newbies in the group (possibly Ian or Ian may want to DM). Jillian is new as well but hopefully David could help her along :d.

The next group I'm suggesting would be playing a Monday night game. The group would consist of Michael (DM) , Jasper (that's me), Lucas, Justin, Laura, and possibly one more (maybe Ian or Justin said he had another friend that might want to play).

I have left some people out because I need to find out some more info from them. I know that Ron and Daniel wanted to get a game going but they'll have to tell everyone the details for their game. Will is wanting to start a homebrew campaign on the the weekends if anyone is interested....if you are interested, please post something to his post on the message board. The last person I think I've forgot is Jay....since his work schedule is constantly changing, he will need to contact a DM about getting into a game.

As I noted before, these are merely suggestions....so please don't get mad at me :]. Also more people will probably come out of the woodwork once we actually start posting about games and such, so we should be able to get more people as well.

later guys
Jasper

A former member
Post #: 6
Thanks Jasper, however two things

Personally I feel its a bit forward to place people in groups I can not speak for everyone but I don't remember any discussion of actually forming groups.

Second I think we are totally ingoring 5important factors in this list:

1. Where everyone lives
2. How far they want to travel to game
3. How often they want to game
4. Can they host or not
5. Are they spouses or kids to take into account

My answer to those factors is
1. NE Columbia, near I20 and I77
2. 20 mile radius
3. Every 2 weeks or one mega session a month (ie more than 4 hours gaming)
4. I can host a small group 4 max
5. Yes if my wife plays then we have to bring our kid (7 year old)
Tzalik
Ninja-Monkey
Columbia, SC
Post #: 10
1. I live in Irmo, within 10 minutes of I-20 and I-26
2. I can travel up to 40 miles for a game, it better be a good one though if its 40 miles away : )
3. I'm good to play 2-4 times a month (five weeks)
4. I can host up two 6 people comfortably, whenever I get these puppies sold, and out of the house. If I host there can be no profanity (I get a warning myself, you'll be no diffrent) and no alcohol.
5. I have two children (9 and 11) however it shouldn't impact game playing often, if ever. My wife however can and will randomly schedule things for me. I'll keep those to a minimum if we have a set gaming schedule.
A former member
Post #: 8
Thanks Jasper, however two things

Personally I feel its a bit forward to place people in groups I can not speak for everyone but I don't remember any discussion of actually forming groups.

Second I think we are totally ingoring 5important factors in this list:

1. Where everyone lives
2. How far they want to travel to game
3. How often they want to game
4. Can they host or not
5. Are they spouses or kids to take into account

My answer to those factors is
1. NE Columbia, near I20 and I77
2. 20 mile radius
3. Every 2 weeks or one mega session a month (ie more than 4 hours gaming)
4. I can host a small group 4 max
5. Yes if my wife plays then we have to bring our kid (7 year old)

The groups were only suggested based on schedules.. It's only the first step man.

And Jasper said "I'll suggest groups, but what groups you guys want to make are entirely up to you."

But yeah good stuff to know anyway.

1. Irmo
2. depends but 20-30 miles in general
3. 1-2 times a week
4. I will host
5. I have a wife and 2 kids. I have gamed with them around before, they typically just go upstairs to watch a movie or something.

My house is non-smoking. Drinking is something we can discuss as a group. Also if you game at my house please pitch in for snacks when you can afford to.
A former member
Post #: 1
1. Where you livin at? -
Fort Jackson

2. How far they want to travel to game. -
Depends on the game, 30 min is a pretty good shotgun answer.

3. How often they want to game. -
3-4 games a month.

4. Can they host or not. -
Got Space for 10 players and a GM. I will host your face. No profanity, no smoking, no alcohol. All those who arrive early will be rigorously challenged to Super Smash Bros Brawl!

5. Are they spouses or kids to take into account. -
I'm not sure exactly what this queston means. I do have a spouse, a kid and a kid inside a spouse. I am also technically a spouse. That's all I got.
A former member
Post #: 9
1. Where you livin at? -
Fort Jackson

2. How far they want to travel to game. -
Depends on the game, 30 min is a pretty good shotgun answer.

3. How often they want to game. -
3-4 games a month.

4. Can they host or not. -
Got Space for 10 players and a GM. I will host your face. No profanity, no alcohol. All those who arrive early will be rigorously challenged to Super Smash Bros Brawl!

5. Are they spouses or kids to take into account. -
I'm not sure exactly what this queston means. I do have a spouse, a kid and a kid inside a spouse. I am also technically a spouse. That's all I got.

I should of detailed that last point a bit more. I meant is there a spouse or kid that makes for special conditions like my wife plays but only once in a blue moon, we can't play pass 10 cause of kids or my hubby is a total lush and is drunk by 9 and will start making cheesy passes at anything that moves..
ecm1984
user 3055844
Birmingham, AL
Post #: 2
Didn't show for the meeting - walked in but got called out due to a situation with the current significant other. But I am interested in playing.

John
23, unmarried
Work 9-6 weekdays.
Often out of town on weekends
Currently free monday, tuesday, thursday nights.

Have played dnd, modified d20, shadowrun and world of darkness. Would be interested in one of these systems but am open to others. Have not played in ages and no longer have current books so you might as well treat me like a newbie.
A former member
Post #: 10
I forgot to add me and my wife are no-smokers, we are light drinkers.
Tzalik
Ninja-Monkey
Columbia, SC
Post #: 12
I wrote John (ecm1984) and asked him for a little more information...

John (ecm1984):
I live in West Columbia.

I'm willing to travel out to Irmo or Lexington - pretty much
anywhere in a 20 minute distance is fine but I'm not trying to
drive 30 miles or an hour away(like to Sumter) just for a game.

I'd like to game weekly or bi-weekly.

My residence, while large enough for a session, doesn't offer
readily available parking enough to host a real session.

I am single, unmarried with no children. No special conditions
- I'm an outside smoker so I'll step outside and not disturb
others when I smoke.
1ColdOne
user 6666139
West Columbia, SC
Post #: 1
1. Where everyone lives :
I live in West Columbia..

2. How far they want to travel to game:
About 20 miles or so.

3. How often they want to game:
Saturdays 5 pm-until

4. Can they host or not:
Maybe, like to get to know the players first.

5. Are they spouses or kids to take into account:
no