Tzalik
Ninja-Monkey
Columbia, SC
Post #: 19
Please give us some information when you join the D&D meetup here. When I go looking for players I check how long its been since you last logged onto the site and I also check your profile.

I'd love to see some information on your profile about who you are and what you do. Anything to let me know you're the type of person I want to have join me at a game, and not some psycho raving mad lunatic. Spend a little time and make yourself appealing to those that will be looking and also tell a little about what kind of group YOU want to be in, not everyone is compatable.

The second most important thing you can do is stay active. Keep checking in, post up here in the message board. Don't be shy.

Joshua
James
user 7953232
Irmo, SC
Post #: 1
Is this group still active :)

New to Columbia area and wanting to get back into playing
A former member
Post #: 22
The group's still active. Welcome to the group and feel free to email people on the site about getting into games.

Jasper
Dean J. S.
Deanjay
Group Organizer
Cayce, SC
Post #: 219
I'm Dean, I'm the new organizer, I'm already in a D&D game on certain Saturday and run a game on Sundays (currently 'Rifts Hero', in Lexington--I could probably take on one or two more players). I'm interested in playing in a superhero game. Is anyone running Champions or similar on Friday evenings or Saturday afternoons?
A former member
Post #: 65
I'm relatively new to the forum, mostly been poking around. Currently I haven't played any games (outside of computer/xbox 360) in several years. My husband and I live in Cayce, and have a 21 month old son (born 04.19.07) and another on the way in June. Our biggest problem finidng people to play with is our schedules, having a child and well the lack of knowledge in newer gaming systems too. Most game groups want us to know the ins and outs of games.

I'm sure we'd love to meet a casual group to play with that doesn't mind a child/children and such.

So that's who I am. Both my husband and I are laid back and easy going.
Dean J. S.
Deanjay
Group Organizer
Cayce, SC
Post #: 220
You sound like a fun couple. Are you interested in hosting? What kind of game are you looking for?
A former member
Post #: 67
I'd have to talk to the hubby about a type of game. Hosting wouldn't work too well as our place is small. When the hubby and I get some time I will see what kinda game he'd prefer. :)
A former member
hi i'm adam. i moved to the Columbia area about 2 years for school. i am a fan of RPG video games but i have been looking to get involved with a more creative game style of play. i have never played DnD but i recently bought the rule books and am trying to take it all in. WOW it's a lot! i would not even mind just sitting in on a few games to get a feel for how it all works. i have a pretty busy life between school and paying the bills but i am desperate for an outlet to relax, have fun, and meet some people in the area. nice to meet you all!
A former member
Heya, I'm Zac. I'm 31 (32 in July) from Atlanta, GA. I'm a soldier (medical) stationed at Ft Jackson. I've been here about one year and have unsuccessfully found anything gaming related around. I'll admit, I haven't scoured the city, but I'm lazy like that. Unless, I get deployed, I'll be here for the duration of my enlistment (Aug 2011). I'm mostly interested in finding a weekly group(s), preferably Friday & Saturday evening/nights.

I've played many types of tabletop rpgs before, too many to name them all. A short list would include D&D (2nd, 3rd, and 3.5 ed.), L5R, Amber, BESM, Marvel, most Palladium, and most White Wolf. I have also DM/GMed D&D 3rd ed. and BESM.

Even though I do love messing with character sheets and seeing how cheesy I can make characters, that's definitely a side project. I prefer lots of RP and group interaction. The type of game or the setting doesn't matter much to me, so much as everyone involved is having fun. That said, I'm game for anything.

Currently, I don't own any gaming books. They are on "temporary" loan to my old gaming group back home, which means I'll probably have to buy new ones. HAHAHA

I recently quit WoW and have been focusing on my XBox 360 & DS stuffs. I also toy with EVE Online and Neverwinter Nights 2 (Just bought Mysteries of Westgate).

I used to be a hardcore anime geek, but it all got old to me after a while. I don't really know of anything that's come out in the past 4 years, nor am I really interested into getting back into that.

Turn Ons: Good RP, Suikoden games, and good random conversation.
Turn Offs: Metagamers, Rules Nazis, and First-person Shooters.

Dean J. S.
Deanjay
Group Organizer
Cayce, SC
Post #: 285
Zac, have you had any luck finding a group. I am considering adding a service of forwarding requests sent to me to everyone who has been active at the site in the last 3 months. If you want to write up a little gamer profile that indicates what you're looking for and your availability, just email it to me and I will pass it on.