Drache R.
Drache
Columbia, SC
Post #: 38
Ok here is the deal. Sereyna and I are putting togeather a group to start playing playing the first Saturday in June. We will be looking for RP heavy type play. We are looking to do a marathon type playing on saturdays starting around 6 or 7 pm and running late. Maybe 2 am maybe later. We are still working on how late we want to take the games.

She will Be Dm'ing. I will be playing but I help organize and co-ordinate. We both have been playing alot of version 3.5 but have not done anything with version 4.0 we are either looking for players with little or no 4.0 experience or wont try to grief the dm when she makes a rule change to suit her campaign/story line. rules discussions can be had before or after the game. I can vouch for the fact that she is a fair person and trys to make changes only when they make since.

We are posting this well ahead of time so that people can try to start Developing their characters and can get any question they need answered about the campaign to do so. She already has a whole in-depth world designed that she has worked with and on since highschool so questions should be easy to handle.

The games will be held at my place which is in Columbia right off of Percival rd near ft Jackson gate 4.

The big thing is we want mature people and the only drama we want is the RP'ing.

We will be looking to meet with potential players to get to know them before the game starts and also handle final character design. Because this is a RP heavy game Sereyna is open and flexible about most things..if there is a change you would like to make to the character or the way it works and you can explain it to her in a coherent manner and the change is reasonable there is a good chance it will happen..She is looking to push the fun side of the game by letting people play characters they like and fit the story they are trying to portray.

Most questions I can handle and should be sent to me first. if it is a Character/storyline/rules question I can either contact her and get back to you or if it is very indepth I can forward you to her. She is very busy with school and work right now so I will be handleing most of this for faster answers since I already know alot of what she has in mind.

I look forward to meeting and playing with you

Dave
A former member
Post #: 3
I would really be interested in playing. The long Sat night game would be perfect for me. Your right about posting early.. lol. I guess questions would be normal. World type, classes allowed. I don't anything about 4th edition but I've played from AD&D to 3.5 so I'm fairly well versed there. Not really sure what else to say. If you have questions for me just ask. I'll drop you my email if you'd like. Thanks
Jeff
Tzalik
Ninja-Monkey
Columbia, SC
Post #: 31
I'd like to be considered for the game as well. I've had some 4th experience but I wouldn't mind changes. I'll play whatever is needed and do my best to give the character a memorable personality.
Drache R.
Drache
Columbia, SC
Post #: 50
sounds good...any of you have any character ideas yet?
A former member
Post #: 8
Um not really. I have the 4th edition books. Haven't really even cracked the binding on the yet though. lol Collecting dust on me. I usually play Psions or Wizards. Or a combination of THF/Psion, MNK/Psion, or FTR/WIZ. Now i know alot has changed with 4th so i don't know how my character creation really works. I haven't seen any Psionics in 4th yet and my understanding of magic is that it is now... Use per day?? So in answer to your question.. Not really. I guess my question back is.. What is the world like? Anything off limits? What are your guidelines? I'd be happy with a simple FTR/WIZ if 4th still allows for it. I'll need to crack the books and read up a little. Oh btw i'm not a rules hound so anything your wife throws out as house rules is fine with me. We've all done the same thing when we DM. Looking forward to it. I'm sorry it took me so long to respond to you.
Drache R.
Drache
Columbia, SC
Post #: 53
You are going to get me killed :P She is not my wife. I will see what I can get her to come post here.
A former member
Post #: 9
OMG i am so sorry. I just assumed. I apologize
Drache R.
Drache
Columbia, SC
Post #: 54
Oh no...no worrys. I just have to make sure that she knows I did not let that one go un-corrected as to keep my fanny out of the fire with her.
A former member
Post #: 10
well i hope my mistake doesn't get you too badly burned.
A former member
Post #: 11
So I've been going through the 4th books. Have you played any 4th edition yet? I like some of the changes with the at will, and encounter powers. And some of the spells from previous versions turned into rituals. But it looks like alot of the flavor for magic is gone. I always like the lists of spells to choose from as a wizard and the way you had to think ahead to memorize the right ones for different situations. Well with that being said. Till we get a change to play I think that i might go with a light fighter, ranger, or thief for now. Just till i get to know the system better. Your thoughts? Its pretty easy to adjust backgrounds for characters to fit the world but do you have any feats or powers that you want put off limits? What is the world like, or more specifically what is the area that we will begin in like? Is a swashbuckling light fighter going to be out of sorts? Is there enough open land and forest to justify a ranger? Is it a wealthy area, poor area? Do we start with anything beyond our swords and armor? I've played in some games where the are was so poor we didn't even start with that... lol. It was fun. We found our first longsword and it was like finding a chest full of gold... lmao. I guess I'm just looking for background info and character creating guidelines. I've been test making a few characters just to get a feel for it. Oh and ya what are your rolling methods for ability scores? I know its alot of questions, and some of them may have not have needed asking but i figured i would. Well thanks and I'm looking forward to it. Keep me posted.