The Columbia Dungeons & Dragons/Superhero RPG Meetup Group Message Board › DM looking for PC's. 4E adventures

DM looking for PC's. 4E adventures

A former member
Post #: 2
Hey guys, i'm fairly new to S.C. I currently live in Florence, but don't mind the drive if someone or some place can
host a band of brigands! I prefer a moderate to heave amount of role playing as for sessions.
I would like to find players who can be available for a once a week ongoing campaign.
I currently have the arc of the campaign, it will be called The Dragon Mist.

Well, send me an email, number or go ahead and post on here if someone would like to join.
Thanks in advance guys, hope to get a group even a small one cookin here pretty soon.

Davis
Travis S.
user 11271177
Columbia, SC
Post #: 4
First of Welcome to the group Davis. Im travis also new to the group. I have been playing for 7-8 years. I like to play hack n slash with moderate roleplaying thrown in. I Dm and also play. I have never played 4th edition but am somewhat familair with the rules. Currently I play 3.5 Dming with only one player my roomate and have room for up to five seats. If you interested in playing or Dming a 3.5 or 4th edition game I can host once a week easily with my schedule however I cannot travel, I have no car at the moment. I live in Columbia. Email me if your interested, or if anyone else reading this is. Like i said I have room for up to five players for a 3.5 campaign.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello!
I am here courtesy of the military for only 2 months and hope to be able to jump into a game somewhere. I will probably have all my weekends off and don't want to be too bored.

Long time player, since 2e, and am running a 4e campaign back at home. Am definately willing to play at whatever level, as well as help with rulings as needed.

I would prefer to meetup and kick off sooner than later, as March 31st is my last day here...

David
Sami
user 11515159
Columbia, SC
Post #: 3
Hey. I'd like to join but Florence is a bit too far for me to travel I live in columbia.

I just joined this group and I'm trying to find a more regular meet up. I can meet between 1-3 times a week Tuesday (maybe), Friday, Sunday . My school work comes first so if I have exams close I might not be able to go.

I like to call myself a tactical front line fighter. As in i don't rush mindlessly but try to look at the possible best dicsions to win a battle lol if that makes any sense.

I like a moderation between battles and role playing. Too much role playing and I get bored and start wanting to kill things. Too many battles and I find no sense in fighting for no purpose.

I am new to the game in general so I dont' know a lot of the rules but I have the 4E and 3.5E.

Let me know if we can meet regularly. also, let me know what's your DM style and please don't kill me and leave my character dead forever ; ; I don't mind the killing with a big penalty but not lose the whole character forever T_T. And do I have to make a new character when we first meet or can I bring a character I already have?

Sami
Andy S.
thanos6
Prosperity, SC
I can host in Prosperity, but it would either by once every two weeks, or the day we played would have to be different from week to week (my work schedule is insane). I'd love to play, especially as a magic-user or a cleric.
A former member
Florence is also too far away for me to make it, tho Prosperity is a bit closer...

Travis, Adam, Wyatt, and I met up in Columbia at Hero's and Dragon's last week.. perhaps that would be a good middle ground?

I won't be available this weekend but we could all aim for Sunday, 7 March at about 1230 to store close (7pm)

A former member
Post #: 3
This sounds great guys! I aplogize for my neglect on this board, i assumed it would give me an email for an update if anyone wrote on it. But, it didnlt :(. However, i would totally be down for DMing a 4e campaign, or just joining one with you at the helm Travis.

I personally have no problems driving to columbia, and saturdays and sundays are the best days for me.

My style of DMing is 50/50. Hack n slash, door busting dragon poking and the other half would be the swindling halfing bard to find the wareabouts of the Kori henchmen who set the Noble Paladin's sisters house on fire.
With me, i personally just love when people stay in character, it seems to get harder with the 4e system of playing. To get players to say, "I counjure my magic missle and point at the goblins eye!". Insdead of, casting my at will magic missle....roll. so, i'm not a gung ho roleplayer type, but i just prefer people to bark orders or tactics or insults in character lol.

As far as character death goes, i've heard it summed up best like this, though it's not verbatim. "Being a killer DM is dumb, it's not "difficult" to kill a PC. Just drop a level 20 dragon in to kill the lvl 4 PC's. That doesn't take talent, and it's not that fun."

My stance on character death begins and ends where the party sees fit. When i'm a player, i don't mind my character dying, however if you've got 3 pages of backstory, and you love your character and all its glory and you're level 12....no i won't kill your character, there will be a very, very heavy price to pay. But, killing someones character just makes them bummed out if you ask me. If however, the virtuous paladin jumps in the way of a Necrotic arrow shot from the angel of death to save a peasant girl...he should stay dead. You sacrificed your self, you can't really come back from that lol.

My campagin will be fairly heavly dragon based as well. I'm going to contact Travis to see what he wants to do since it seems he has the seating in columbia and 2 players! I'll email everyone else once i get in contact with him and see what happens. Keep posting, hope to fell dragons with all of you soon!

Sami
user 11515159
Columbia, SC
well my character ain't all that. But if I keep dying everytime I do the right thing it feels that I'll never be a high level lol.
Either way, I know there is a way to bring someone back from the dead if you get some of his remains like a finger or ashes or somethign and go to the local chapel and that's how you get someone back but with penalties.

We can discuss and agree on something when we meet :D.

let me know. Send me a personal message on here if things are going to be set up. I will not be available this weekend unfortunatly.

I have an exam on monday and another on wednesday and both are ridiculous but I'll probably not study at all for a week after that lol.
Andy S.
thanos6
Prosperity, SC
Post #: 5
I'm available this Sunday, but not next weekend, due to my crazy schedule.
A former member
K, cool andy! Still waiting to hear back from Travis to see what we can get set up, or find a place to play.
If there's anyone else, or any place to play in columbia or near Florence way. Let us know! :)