Dean J. S.
Deanjay
Group Organizer
Cayce, SC
Post #: 329
Since I have failed to find an ongoing Champions game to join, I have decided to be more proactive and start one, hoping someone else will take over the GMing chores in the future.

First game will be the 15th or 21st, Jeff has agreed to host and I plan to set it in the 5th Ed. Champions Universe, although suggestions are still welcome, especially as to location and themes. Base 200 points and I haven't decided on disads yet, either 100 or 150 max.

It's three of us right now, we could use at least 2 more to make it a stable group. Let me know if you're interested in joining us, and REALLY let me know if you want to GM.

I promise my desire to play instead of run won't negatively affect my performance as GM.
Dean J. S.
Deanjay
Group Organizer
Cayce, SC
Post #: 330
Changed my mind, got inspired, will be using my own setting.
Dean J. S.
Deanjay
Group Organizer
Cayce, SC
Post #: 331
Since I haven't heard back from anyone, I will take a chance and post more details on the reasoning that it probably won't change anyone off and it may intrigue someone. Someone like Tzalik, maye.

All real super powers (with the possible exception of aliens and mystic stuff, if it exists) come from a scientifically advanced hidden race, like Marvel's Inhumans. You may think you're a mutant, but you're really a hybrid or genetic experiment. They have a colony/city state or two on or underneath most continents, plus a few in the oceans, maybe an island here and there. They have advanced gadgets, bionics, genetic engineering, and nanotechnology. If those options are not rubbery enough for your concept, their ancient astronaut benefactors left them the Rebirth Chamber, a dangerous and unreliable device capable of permanently altering the reality of those who venture within it. Those who undergo Rebirth and retain a relatively human face customarily wear masks in public in deference to those who were not so fortunate.

Their warring factions with superhumans on the frontlines nearly exposed them in the 1940s, but a quick-thinking (Atlantean? Lemurian? Nommo?) who apparently had been reading the comics claimed to be fighting for the Allies and to have gotten his powers from lightning. Already garbed in colorful, tight-fitting miracle cloth, the legend of the modern costumed superhero (and villain) was formed.

If you're actually a member of 'La Raza Mysterio', you've got a big secret, and probably know a lot of stuff a street-level vigilante or seeming mutant normally wouldn't. I think just about any character concept can be shoehorned into this setting (even if it's just that you had to get some of the components for your power armor from a mysterious corporation), if not, I can always make a special exception.

Superheroing in a conspiratorial setting with a secret history, but without an obligation to dig into it. Characters don't have to know ancient astronauts once ruled the earth to do their duty as heroes. The subtext will be there, though, if anyone is interested in reading it.