The Columbia Dungeons & Dragons/Superhero RPG Meetup Group Message Board › "Sorta like dating . . .": Matchmaking for the RPG Gametable

"Sorta like dating . . .": Matchmaking for the RPG Gametable

A former member
Post #: 7
Sorry for the delay in responding to the scheduling queries - we're still trying to dig out of the mountain of boxes we transported from Nebraska to SC. Based on what I've seen in the posts, a weekend date would probably work best. How does sometime in the a.m. on Saturday, June 19 or Saturday, June 26 sound? If either of those sound good, I'll approach the Leadership Team about adding it to the calendar as an official meetup event.

Thanks to everyone for all the lively interest in this line of discussion - I'm looking forward to an actual, live-and-in-person chat. In the meanwhile, I'm going to try to swing by Heroes and Dragons sometime during the week to check it out. If anyone happens to be there, you'll probably know me by the fact that I'll have a toddler in tow. :)

M

Funny thing, I was just there today with *my* toddler in tow...and wife. It definitely offers a large variety of items depending on your interest (used books, board games, comics, RP books, etc).

Not so much in the way of dice, though. But I guess that's what online ordering is for :-/

Edit: Either of those dates will work, but I prefer the 19 simply because it's sooner =D
A former member
Post #: 14
Awesome. I need to see this place when I come into town and check it out before I leave.
::feels left out:: I don't had a kid to bring to the game shop! Better hit up amazon quick!
A former member
Post #: 5
I'm good for the 19th I try to avoid downtown, so an address would be useful, else I'll just look it up online when we definitely determine where.
Brian H.
user 9166135
Columbia, SC
Post #: 12
The 19th works for me as well!
A former member
Post #: 8
I'm good for the 19th I try to avoid downtown, so an address would be useful, else I'll just look it up online when we definitely determine where.

Yeah...don't live in Columbia, so I needs an address for my GPS thingy
A former member
Post #: 5
Heroes and Dragons

510 Bush River Road
Columbia, SC 29210-7314

Word of warning, they are quite busy on most Saturdays with various groups and or tournaments.

The place is never quiet on those days but usually not too loud.
A former member
Post #: 9
Heroes and Dragons

510 Bush River Road
Columbia, SC 29210-7314

Word of warning, they are quite busy on most Saturdays with various groups and or tournaments.

Sorry...I thought we were meeting at Capital Cafe.
A former member
Post #: 18
Hey guys I will no longer be joining you -- have fun; hope to talk with you soon and good luck with the meetup
A former member
Post #: 10
Hey guys I will no longer be joining you -- have fun; hope to talk with you soon and good luck with the meetup

Sorry to hear it. Looking forward to future meetups with you!
A former member
Post #: 8
Heroes and Dragons

510 Bush River Road
Columbia, SC 29210-7314

Sorry...I thought we were meeting at Capital Cafe.

Yes, the original plan was to meet at the Capital Cafe - although I see from previous posts that several people are driving in from outside Columbia. It may be easier for the commuters to meet elsewhere so they don't have to navigate the downtown area. I have to do some driving around town tomorrow on errands, so I'll look into a couple of other possible venues while I'm out and about.

Since the 19th seems to be the preferred date, I'll go ahead and suggest a 10:00 a.m. meeting time unless anyone feels strongly otherwise. I'll nail down a meeting space within the next day or two, but feel free to contact me if any suggestions come to mind.

Best -

M