addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Columbia Dungeons & Dragons/Superhero RPG Meetup Group Message Board › "Sorta like dating . . .": Matchmaking for the RPG Gametable

"Sorta like dating . . .": Matchmaking for the RPG Gametable

A former member
Post #: 9
Hey guys I will no longer be joining you -- have fun; hope to talk with you soon and good luck with the meetup

Roro -

Sorry to hear you won't be joining us. I'd really like to keep you in the loop for any future, similar get-togethers, so keep an eye on the message boards. Based on the discussion board activity, I think we can anticipate a lively conversation over several meetings. I'll try to post a brief overview of what we discussed so you can keep current.

Best -

M
A former member
Post #: 13
Yes, the original plan was to meet at the Capital Cafe - although I see from previous posts that several people are driving in from outside Columbia. It may be easier for the commuters to meet elsewhere so they don't have to navigate the downtown area. I have to do some driving around town tomorrow on errands, so I'll look into a couple of other possible venues while I'm out and about.

Since the 19th seems to be the preferred date, I'll go ahead and suggest a 10:00 a.m. meeting time unless anyone feels strongly otherwise. I'll nail down a meeting space within the next day or two, but feel free to contact me if any suggestions come to mind.

Best -

M
Colleagues -

After doing a little exploring around town, I'm going to suggest moving our 10:00 a.m. meetup on Saturday the 19th to the Barnes & Noble on Forest Drive. The full address is:

Barnes & Noble
Richland Fashion Mall
3400 Forest Drive
Columbia, SC 29204

I hope that the change of venue will make parking and/or commuting a little easier for interested folks from outside the downtown metro area. Again, if anyone has strong feelings for another location, please feel free to let me know. In the meanwhile, I will ask the leadership team to open up the meeting to anyone else who'd like to attend.

To recap briefly, I envision this as a "getting to know you" meeting focusing on participants' philosophy of playing RPGs, what types of groups we gravitate toward, and what we want out of the experience in general. That's pretty vague, sure, but it'll at least allow room for anyone to put a topic on the table that they'd like to discuss. I suppose it would make the most sense to meet in the cafe area - I'll be the guy in the red shirt wearing the Adobe baseball cap.

Comments and questions are welcome, so fire away.
A former member
Post #: 6
Heroes and Dragons

510 Bush River Road
Columbia, SC 29210-7314

Word of warning, they are quite busy on most Saturdays with various groups and or tournaments.

The place is never quiet on those days but usually not too loud.

Sorry...I thought we were meeting at Capital Cafe.

Sorry my bad, that is what i get for answering in a hurry and not getting caught up in the thread before I opened my big mouth.
Brian H.
user 9166135
Columbia, SC

After doing a little exploring around town, I'm going to suggest moving our 10:00 a.m. meetup on Saturday the 19th to the Barnes & Noble on Forest Drive. The full address is:

Barnes & Noble
Richland Fashion Mall
3400 Forest Drive
Columbia, SC 29204

Comments and questions are welcome, so fire away.

I plan to be there, Michael. I look like I do in my profile pic, just heavier these days. :P
A former member
Post #: 12
I plan to be there, Michael. I look like I do in my profile pic, just heavier these days. :P

And I am as jovial as I am in my profile pic =D
A former member
Post #: 14
Brian and Geoffrey -

Excellent - looking forward to meeting you guys. We've had less interest in the event than I'd anticipated based on everyone who contributed to the discussion thread, but then again this is my first time hosting/organizing a meetup event so it may be that I haven't promoted it correctly.

In any case, small group get togethers can be just as useful and full of insightl as large ones, if not more so. When it comes to moderating large groups, I usually feel compelled to post a suggested agenda. In this case, I think a casual chat is just the right thing. Nevertheless, I've got a few half-formed ideas I would like to kick around at some point if you're interested - collaborative world building for one.

Best -

M
A former member
We've had less interest in the event than I'd anticipated based on everyone who contributed to the discussion thread

I agree...I'd have expected a lot more RSVPs considering the length of the discussion thread...Anyways, looking forward to meeting you guys! My wife and son will be there, but they'll be perusing the mall whilst we meet =D
A former member
Post #: 6
As long as I don't sleep in, I should make it as well. Couldn't tell you what I'll be wearing though, I'll either be early or not at all. Best I can say is I can post on here if I am not coming. But you may be there already by then. Looking forward to it.

This message has been brought to you by my HTC Evo on the Sprint network.
Brian H.
user 9166135
Columbia, SC
Post #: 14
Gah! Turns out my wife's mother, who is retiring, needs us to help her clear out her office on Saturday morning, so I'll have to take a raincheck on this meetup. :( The good news, however, is that she feels terribly guilty about making me cancel, which most likely will mean baked goods. :)

I sincerely hope we can get together another time soon, though. Let me know what works for you -- maybe we can bat around some more times.
A former member
Post #: 15
Gah! Turns out my wife's mother, who is retiring, needs us to help her clear out her office on Saturday morning, so I'll have to take a raincheck on this meetup. :( The good news, however, is that she feels terribly guilty about making me cancel, which most likely will mean baked goods. :)

I sincerely hope we can get together another time soon, though. Let me know what works for you -- maybe we can bat around some more times.

Rats! I was really looking forward to having you join us. Still, family first. With any luck, some of us still meeting tomorrow will get on well enough to want to grab an impromptu coffee or something one evening in the coming week or so. I'll keep you posted.

M