United Nations Intelligence Taskforce (U.N.I.T.) of Atlanta Message Board › Doctor Who 50th anniversary coming to theaters (or as the Brits say "ci

Doctor Who 50th anniversary coming to theaters (or as the Brits say "cinemas").

A former member
Post #: 30
So in November to celebrate the 50th anniversary they're filming a Doctor Who special in 3D.

The Time Lord is accustomed to travelling through space and time, but BBC1's Doctor Who will have an added dimension for its 50th-anniversary special, which will be filmed in 3D and shown in cinemas.

Doctor Who will celebrate its half centenary with a special birthday edition on 23 November, exactly 50 years after its first ever adventure, An Unearthly Child, starring William Hartnell in the title role. Viewers will be able to see the 3D version on the BBC HD channel.

No idea if or how we'll see this in 3D stateside but even though I haven't made it to a meetup yet I'm confident that this group will probably want to go out and see this together if it does. We'll hash-out the details once more is known.