Help support your MeetupChip in
The Dominicans in DC Meetup is made up of a spectacular group of people who have a love for everything Dominican – the island, the language, the food, the music, the people, the traditions, and more. Although slowly growing, the Dominican community in the DMV is still small and scattered, but we are here to bring it all together. The purpose of this group is to bring together Dominicans and Dominican ‘lovers’ in the DMV area through fun and interesting events where we can share, explore and promote the love of our culture.
Si quieres encontrar con quien disfrutar un mangú con los tres golpes, bailar una bachatica vieja de Anthony Santos, e hacer cuentos de experiencias en el la RD, no tienes que buscar más.
You don’t have to be of Dominican ethnicity to join; but if you are not of Dominican ethnicity, we prefer you to have a strong affiliation to the Dominican community (e.g. work in the DR, lived in DR, study the Dominican culture, raised in a strong Dominican culture, etc…)
The group is catered to members who can agree with the following terms: (membership will be approved at the organizers discretion)
1. Have a clearly visible profile picture of yourself so that we are able to recognize you during an event.
2. Live in or near the DC metro area, or at least visit enough to ensure active membership
3. Attend at least 3 events semi-annually
4. Avoid using the group to promote personal ventures that have nothing to do with the purpose of the group.
5. Make sure that your RSVP is up to date in advance of the event; this helps us better plan events.
The noted terms apply to group members, but you are more than welcome to bring non members as guests to any of our events.
Follow us on facebookbook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/dominicansindcmeetup/
3,150 Spanish fanáticos
2,033 Latin Dance Lovers
24,159 Going Out Rockstars!
4,039 DC French Speakers