The Denver .NET Meetup Group Message Board › Architect, Design and Build cool stuff – Database Developer and Architect
You will be an active member of an innovative and passionate technical team developing an analytical platform, software applications and services for a Software-as-a-Service architecture in the exciting fast paced digital marketing business. Think SEO, Google Analytics, Big Data and Social Media. You have a strong background architecting and designing databases and data warehousing solutions driven by the business objectives. Enjoy a wide variety of work including designing a data analytical platform to drive innovation and insight for the exciting digital marketing space.
We are seeking smart, innovative database gurus who will help us build our next generation Big Data Analytics solutions and reporting platforms.
Our core values for the development team
• Get things done – continuously deliver results
• Think Big, Bias for Action, Innovate while keeping it simple
• Open to technical challenges of all kinds
• Willingness to take initiative to contribute beyond your own responsibilities
• Sense of Humor and Humility
What we are looking for
• Enthusiastic about technology, analytics, database design, business intelligence and reporting
• An absolute passion for working in an agile, fast-moving, and results driven environment
• Continuous learner
• Innovate elegant and useful solutions to solve critical business problems by working across teams
• Able to participate in and contribute to the creative ideation process
• Entrepreneurial – willing and able to work smarter and differently to achieve exceptional results
What you will be doing
• Design databases, database applications and an analytical platform to support products, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability
• Supporting implemented BI solutions by: monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, monitoring performance and communicating functional and technical issues
• Participate in the definition of technical standards and guidelines that pertain to data and information use, security, access and governance.
• Develop high-performing, scalable solutions including schema design, storage engines, indexing strategies, SQL tuning, ETL processes and Stored Procedures
• Design interfaces, data transfer mechanisms, global temporary tables, data partitions, and function-based indexes to enable efficient access to the database.
• Develop metadata tables and supporting database structures (stored procedures, views, triggers, queries).
• Responsible for design, create and tune database objects (tables, views, indexes) to support logical and dimensional models. Maintain the referential integrity of the database
• Build and drive the advancement of a Big Data analytical platform
• Have fun in a vibrant culture with passionate technologists and business individuals
Skills and Requirements
• At least 8 years working knowledge of data modeling (relational and dimensional); database analysis, design, implementation and administration
• Proficient in database design, development, and interaction using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and above
• At least 4 years of experience in SQL Server T-SQL database development (data modeling, stored procedures, functions and query optimization) and knowledge of SQL Server best practices.
• 4+ years of experience in SQL server BI platform with development using SSIS, SSAS and SSRS packages/reports to meet business requirements
• Experience with integrated a Data Warehouse ROLAP/MOLAP and reporting technologies ( SSRS, Tableau, Crystal)
• Data warehousing fundamentals (Dimensional modeling, Inman and Kimball models)
• Familiarity with unstructured data warehousing
• Expert level knowledge in at least one and deep knowledge of the following Enterprise Server technology areas is also required: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Awesome coder in SQL and shell scripting with working knowledge of Python or PHP
• Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything
• Profound understanding of SQL Server concurrency features, transactions, and locking; Excellent data modeling and schema design skills, including normalization and de-normalization
• Full grasp of the pros and cons of table partitioning and distributed partitioned views and how large data volume affects replication in SQL Server environment; In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience developing, deploying, and maintaining substantial SSIS packages.
• Support and maintain disaster recover processes and procedures
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
Additional skillset considered a plus:
• At least 4 years of experience with high volume SQL database administration and in the following areas:
— High availability (HA)
— Load balancing
— Query optimization
— Schema design
— Disaster recovery
• Professional experience working with Hadoop (HDFS and MapReduce) and related big data technologies like Pig, Hive, Mahout, Storm, Kafka and Cassandra
• At least 3 years of experience administering large data warehouses
• Microsoft BI certification on SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server Business intelligence
• Familiarity with Agile Software development
About Location3 Media
Creative Thinkers, Data Geeks & Digital Enthusiasts – Location3 Media is a digital marketing company built to improve the findability and performance of consumer and retail brands through enterprise-level and local digital marketing solutions. Founded in 1999 and located in the heart of Denver, Location3 has a staff of 75+ full-time employees who service global, national and local brands. We’re enhancing and building brand new applications and we are looking for great software developers and a database guru to join our high performing team. We don’t hire necessarily based on specific technologies but rather smart, talented, collaborative and results driven individuals. Come join us and drive our technical direction and innovation!