Zombie Walk on K St. Mall -- World Record Attempt (DETAILS!!!)
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING/PARTICIPATING, PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST FOR IMPORTANT AND USEFUL DETAILS!
What: ZOMBIE WALK!! Be A Part of History!
World Record Attempt -- Largest Zombie Walk, organized by Trash Film Orgy (Trashfilmorgy.com) which also kicks off their summer midnight movie series on July 10, appropriately with Evil Dead 2!
Date: Saturday, July 10, 2010
Walk will be in downtown Sacramento, along the K Street Mall ON SECOND SATURDAY!
Meet up at Sub-Q, 1715 I Street (tattoo 7 piercing shop), Sac 95814
Meet up time for the walk will be 7pm.
Walk starts at 8pm.
Or you can join the Sac Pirates as they get zombified together at:
GAD Conference Room,[masked]th Street, Suite 626, Sacramento , CA 95814
Back in 2001, the Trash Film Orgy organized the world's first Zombie Parade. It's time for their Tenth Year of Trash, and they want to celebrate by capturing the World's Record for Largest Zombie Parade!
We declare Saturday, July 10th to be Sacramento ZOMBIE DAY!!!
Kick your day off early as ZOMBIES infiltrate GoodDay Sacramento, then crawl back into your Zombie hole to await the evenings' festivities...
7pm...MEET at SubQ (17th and I) for Sacramento's Biggest Ever ZOMBIE WALK...come pre-made up please.
8pm...THE DEAD WALK...participate in Sacramento's Biggest Ever ZOMBIE WALK as we infiltrate Second Saturday
9pm...ZOMBIE ROCK! Return to Sub-Q for the Zombie Band CHILDREN OF THE GRAVE!
10pm...The DEAD WALK again...to K Street and infiltrate the Pyramid Alehouse, who will be offering drinks at Happy Hour prices for the thirsty undead.
11:30pm...Doors open for the 10th Annual TRASH FILM ORGY. Not only will we be screening the ultimate Cult Classic EVIL DEAD 2, but there will be audience participation,a live stage show, Zombie shorts and trailers, games, prizes and much more! AND we will crown the 2010 King and Queen of the ZOMBIES...win big prizes and end your Zombie Day in style!
EVEN MORE IMPORTANT DETAILS:
Jax, one of the leaders from the Pirate group (and who is also a Sac Geek!), had a couple meetings with her crew, the Amtgard crew and the Trash Film Orgy Zombie Walk event planners, and has put together some extremely helpful detailed notes for the walk! READ BELOW...
If you plan on participating, please email Jax ([address removed]) your names, contact number and emergency contact info before Saturday at 5 pm so it���s available to turn in at 7 pm to the event planners.
- Gather on Saturday at Sub Q on 1715 I Street, in Downtown Sacramento, by 7 pm, to sign in and organize
- Anticipate blending small ���breakout��� vignettes with specific planned scenes through out the walk, including medieval warriors, zombie nurses, soldiers, pirates and mad scientist doing battles, cheers, Simon-says, experiments, kills
- Keep in mind
Rules of Zombie Boot Camp:
o STAY IN CHARACTER
o Follow the traffic rules
o While being a Zombie, attempt correct social behavior, our relationship with the city is good, let���s not screw it up
o When crossing the streets ��� MIND THE SIGNS
o Walk the Walk
o Keep the horde together
o The soldiers have cattle prods ��� they are REAL to Zombies, the WORK on Zombies
o STAY IN CHARACTER
The Route (Subject to change without notice ��� per Darrin, TFO the director)
1) Begin at 1715 I Street (Sub-q) going eastward to 16th Street
2) Cross 16th and continue to middle of the block, stop to have the rest of the horde catch up
3) Continue to J Street, crossing J Street
4) Continue Westward down J Street towards ���Second Saturday��� areas, crossing 17th
5) Stop at bread store for bit with Zombie Nurses and possible first ���kill���(gore factor)
6) Continue down J Street to 18th, cross an continue to 19th Street and to 20th Street
7) Turn right (northward) on 20th Street and stop at MARRS building for bit with zombie cheerleaders ��� REMEMBER: Zombies don���t cheer ��� the just say ���ungh���
8) Return to 20th Street in a wide U turn in the middle of the street to J Street
9) Cross J Street and continue to alley on right
10) Stop for bit
with Human Medieval Warriors (Amtgard)
NOTE: Darrin wants the one-man-stand-off for the battle; Marcus will ���hide��� additional zombies in the walk horde and when ���mano-y-mano��� battle is done, additional zombies and warriors will step up, battle, dead will remain behind and be made into zombies to join the horde. Marcus will ���kill��� first zombie, who will get back up and start the melee.
11) Continue down 20th Street to I Street, tuning right onto I Street
12) Continue up I Street to parking lot in middle of the block, surging into parking area (try NOT to set off car alarms) and through to alley
13) Follow alley to 21st Street and turn right (northward) towards J Street
14) Cross J Street and continue up 21st Street to alley (behind Wells Fargo)
15) Follow alley to ���Historical Display��� and bit to ���kill Bill��� in the ally
16) Continue down the alley back to 20th Street at the MARRS
17) Stop for Mad Scientist ���mind control ��� Simon-says��� bit
NOTE: If the Mad Scientist is WEARING the helmet, Zombies are DOING what he says
18) Continue back up 20th Street to I Street and back to Sub-q
19) From Sub-q, group will head to Pyramid Restaurant on K Street and 11th Street, on the K Street Mall.
20) Film showing will be at the Crest (3 doors down from Pyramid) after 9 pm
Contacts ��� Darrin or Christy[masked]
Participants - Sacramento Amtgard ��� Marcus
Pirates of Sacramento ��� Candy
Sac Geeks ��� Steph
- Marcus has the lead as his ���people��� are specific to the staging.
- Meeting at 5 pm for make up and instructions
- Meet-up location is[masked]th Street, Suite 626, Downtown Sacramento; across from the Capitol off L Street
- Parking is on-street or in the Parking Garage at 10th and L Streets, access from 10th Street
NOTE: purchase of $5.00 or more from Pyramid and they will VALIDATE your parking tag for $5 off the parking fee
- Please bring $2 - $5 to donate towards the make up being provided by Marcus, Candy and Jax
- CARPOOL if possible
Need to gather names, contact number, emergency contact info for all group participants before Saturday at 5 pm so it���s available to turn in at 7 pm.