addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Drinking With Strangers * San Diego Message Board › Freaks Camping out on my lawn on New Years Day. Your update from Kitty

Freaks Camping out on my lawn on New Years Day. Your update from Kitty

Kitty M.
KittyMartini
Group Organizer
Pasadena, CA
Hey Strangers!

Happy 2013! If you're reading this with a hang over, then I recommend grabbing a cold slice of pizza and a warm can of last nights rum and diet coke, and a pain killler. As many of you know, we had our New Year's party this year on Saturday night at Queen Bee's instead of last night.

Usually it's on New Year's Eve, which I now call "Amateur Night" because I've always had to wear water proof shoes in case some wasted, had-too-much-vodka-champagne and tequila shooter's projectile vomit crosses my path on the dance floor. Saturday night's party was packed with pro's! Everyone drank heavily--yet somehow responsibly--and grooved all night on the dance floor with or without a partner. It didn't matter if you danced solo or with a partner, 'cause this guy named Meeshie Ravi was on the floor with a microphone leading the crowd through soul train style moves and line dances, conga lines, limbo and a bunch of other crazy stuff intermittantly throughout the night. This guy totally busted his ass keeping us entertained and having a good ole time. If you like that sorta stuff, he does it every Monday nigth at Queen Bee's. Beginner classes are at 7pm and Internediate/Advanced at 8pm. His website is www.soulercize.com

I'd love to go but unfortunately I moved to Pasadena recently. I still come to San Diego to keep this group going and visit all my friends and relatives who make me feel guilty for leaving. Speaking of Pasadena...this morning while I was eating a cold slice of pizza and last nights rum and diet coke, I went outside to check out the Rose Parade (which was just up the street) and I see a bunch of people camping out on my lawn! 2012 was a big year for the OCCUPY WALLSTREET people who camped everywhere in public--which evidently culminated with camping out on my lawn. They were grilling soy vegetarian imitation chicken sausages and drinking Organic Bud Light Beer. It occured to me that my rent was due today, and maybe I should ask them to chip in.

After all the local bums were charging parade spectators $10 bucks to park in my neighbor's driveway while they were out of town. So I ask these freaks on my lawn if they would contribute to the upkeep of their camp ground. They offered me a medical marijuana chocolate nutella cookie. My sugar addiction happily accepted their donation, and we all walked up the street to watch the parade. The amazing Disneyland-like floats looked amazing, even if they weren't. Most of them were sponsored by big corporations, which my 99% lawn campers dispised. When the effects of my weed cookie kicked in, I thought I saw a Walmart Sponsored float that was a huge shopping cart filled with crap that no one really needs being pushed by a bloated, toothless hobbit. On that note, I'll wish you all a great New Year ahead.

If you know you'll never keep any of your resolutions...then celebrate that with us at our next Nunu's meetup I'm calling, CoNtrol aLt DELETE! Forget about 2012. Forget about today. But when you want to have the kind of fun that you'll later regret...don't forget to be Drinking With Strangers!

See you at our Next MEETUP!

Kitty,

Your Organizer