Drinking With Strangers * San Diego Message Board › Should I torchure the guy who runs the Pirate Party till he offers us a disc

Should I torchure the guy who runs the Pirate Party till he offers us a discount?

Kitty M.
KittyMartini
Group Organizer
Pasadena, CA
Hey STrangers!
Sorry I'm talking about Halloween so early--but I can't help myself. For any of you who LOVE costumes and playing dress up for no reason at all...Halloween is really the only day you'll seem normal, since everyone else is doing it.

Also, I know that the REALLY good parties sell out fast. If you cram yourself into some crowded sweatty club with overpriced drinks---go for it. I never post ANYTHING that isn;t super cool and has a unique vibe.

So, thanks to Miah, (goddess of Nunu's) who discovered theres a PIRATE PARTY on the Star of India..the OLDEST sailing ship on the dock..how effing cool would this be to party on a ship??? It would NOT be cool if you fell overboard, or you leaned over the lower deck just as someone above you was hurling or peeing off the side of the upper deck...but whats the likelihood of that happening?

Other than the getting hurled and or peed on or falling overboard and drowning risk...I'd say this is pretty freakin RAD.

So I contacted the people who are producing this event and told him about us. For you new members...our group has alot of clout at venues! I told them that I'm posting their event on our calendar and could they possibly offer uis a discount. If they do--I'll email you guys right away...but please dont wait till the last minute to buy a ticket. Trust me...there aint gonna be good parties in town, because last year they all bombed and lost money...what with the crappy economy and all.

But hey---if youre unemployed and homeless and $30 is your life savings...I think you're ready to just blow it all for one unforgettable nignt of fun. Sometimes you just gotta take chances. And if youre homeless..you probabaly LOOK like a pirate already! You wont even have to buy a costume!

If the producers DONT give us a discount...I'll torchure them until they give in! I'll just rent a big steamer trunk full of cash and jewels...and go to their office and make them stare at it. And I'll just say..."too bad you weren't offering Drinking With Strangers a discount! we'd all be spending this shit on tickets to your pirate party....but instead we'll just be raiding the beer department at COSTCO and buying everything on the shelf"

I'll do my best to make them submit to my request! Because if life is driving you to drink..then you really SHOULD be Drinking with STRANGERS!--In a pirate costume!

STay tuned!!!!

Your Organizer
Kitty

John
user 3074215
San Diego, CA
Post #: 342
Does the cover just include entrance or are any drinks, food and parking included? Star of India is a good venue if there are enough restrooms. I wonder if everyone dresses like pirates or its the normal 70% do and the rest hang out and spectate.
If anyone is going to Buccaneer days in Catalina this weekend let me know.
Kitty M.
KittyMartini
Group Organizer
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 18
Nothing is included with the cover charge. Just fun...and a really cool venue. ! They have a "VIP" ticket that includes a room with food...but I dont know how good it would be. ...???
Kitty M.
KittyMartini
Group Organizer
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 19
Does the cover just include entrance or are any drinks, food and parking included? Star of India is a good venue if there are enough restrooms. I wonder if everyone dresses like pirates or its the normal 70% do and the rest hang out and spectate.
If anyone is going to Buccaneer days in Catalina this weekend let me know.

A former member
Post #: 12
Seeing is how I don't want to be locked in a steamer trunk, I gave Kitty some discount codes for folks that belong to this meetup. :)

We can't do food for everyone at $30.00 a head, the catering costs would be beyond prohibitive. We tried it years ago, and it added like $20 to the ticket price, and everyone got cold tacos, kind of a bust.

Currently VIP tickets include access to a private bar, a giant pirates feast (thing turkey legs, wheels of cheese, etc) and I believe a private bathroom. We are working on some other ideas, as well, and feel free to chime if you have something that you would like to see in VIP as well.

We are bringing in extra bathrooms, as the Star of India only has 3 if memory serves, and that won't cut it, this is our 4th time with the San Diego Maritime Museum so we have a pretty good formula down now.

95% of the folks there will be in pirate costumes, but you don't have to be done up as a pirate, but we do enforce a "you must be in costume" policy.

We also don't sell tickets at the door usually, it causes to many problems, and it's hard for us to adjust our bathroom and bar numbers when we are not sure how many folks are attending.

We started doing these events 20 years ago in people's back yards, we are all a bit older now, and expanded our reach, feel free to check out our web site at www.x-sanguin.com We also do large Comic-Con events, and the random holiday bus of drunk Santas or Dias De Lost Muertos around Halloween from time to time.

Hope to see you all there!