Drinking Liberally - Peoria Chapter Message Board › Drinking Liberally-Peoria updates and calls to activism

Drinking Liberally-Peoria updates and calls to activism

Bill P.
billpoorman
Singapore, SG
Happy Thanksgiving, all! I have some updates regarding our Peoria Drinking Liberally chapter.

First off, as you likely already saw, our next get-together is this coming Tuesday, Nov. 27, at 6:30 p.m. at Peoria Pizza Works. I can’t be there this time, but I wish I could join you in sifting through all of the post-election action.

Second, I want to announce that Matt Fields will be coming on board as my co-host for the chapter in the near future. Many thanks, Matt!

Third, save the date for the fifth anniversary of our chapter. We hope to see everyone who’s ever come or even thought of coming to Drinking Liberally at our January 22, 2013 get-together.

Finally, with an eye to our next five years, I’d like to find ways to better connect our chapter to progressive activism taking place in the Peoria area and beyond. For example, I’m joining Illinois People’s Action in Springfield on Tuesday for the first day of the legislature’s veto session to visit Peoria-area legislators on a variety of issues. Call it “Lobbying Liberally”.

To find out about events like this from fellow Drinking Liberally members and other Peoria-area activists – and to post your own events and calls to action – sign up for this Google Group email list:

https://groups.google...­

This is a list that I manage for the Greater Peoria Progressive Coalition, of which I’m a member. 
Please let me know if you have any question, concerns, or ideas on other activities we can join. Here’s to living liberally!

Bill

Bill Poorman

Organizer

Drinking Liberally – Peoria