addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Edmonton Drum Circle Message Board › WHYTE NOISE DRUMMERS RECEIVE CITIZENSHIP AWARD

WHYTE NOISE DRUMMERS RECEIVE CITIZENSHIP AWARD

Carol F.
Luv2Drum
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 228
On August 14, 2012 Carol Fraser and a group of WHYTE NOISE DRUMMERS (see Pics in photo album) were presented with a Citizenship Award for inclusion of Daniel, a physically challenged individual. Daniel has been coming to this drum circle for over a year now and has made leaps and bounds in terms of development; emotional, physical, cognitive, social. It didn't take Daniel very long before he had established relationships with core group members. Each week everyone looked forward to seeing the Dats Bus pull up and Daniel wheel in with his lovely caregiver. If he was away (which wasn't often) someone would always ask, "Where's Daniel?" He is now an integral part of our drum circle and holds a special spot in the hearts of anyone who takes the time to get to know him. In turn, we gave Daniel a small gift too! When he received it (a small hand drum) he squealed and wheeled away in delight!

Being involved with Daniel has taught and given myself and others in WHYTE NOISE DRUM CIRCLE a whole new perspective on participation with a physically challenged individual. Daniel has come a long way, but so have we!
Josie
user 11363468
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 5
Beautifully said, Carol! Congratulations to you and the Whyte Noise folks!
Deborah B.
deMamaBee
Group Organizer
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 94
That is so wonderful Carol! Congratulations to you and the Whyte Noise drum circle.

Jane S.
JaneGlenfield
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 2
How wonderful! Daniel has always brought a smile to my face whenever I see him. I hope whatever space is found for the winter, he can be included - his expressions speak volumes! I don't know how to find that link.. silly of me, could someone help - I'd love to see those pics :-) Congrats Carol and the folks who won!!!! This made my day!

Cheers,
Jane

Keep on drummin'
Josie
user 11363468
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 6
Jane...you can view the photos at http://www.meetup.com...­
Mr. M.
user 10794129
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 55
Beautiful!!
Carol F.
Luv2Drum
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 230
Thanks on behalf of everyone involved in Whyte Noise Drum Circle. I am making every effort to find a new venue which includes wheel chair access.....meanwhile we meet in Hawrelak park every Tuesday evening...
:) Carol
Carol F.
Luv2Drum
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 233
Finally found an excellent venue for Whyte Noise Drum Circle....Everyone welcome!
Carol F.
Luv2Drum
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 234
Armouries on 85 Avenue and Gateway Blvd. Tuesday from 6-8 pm!
Carol F.
Luv2Drum
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 247
WHYTE NOISE meets at Holy Trinity Church on the 2nd and 4th Friday of every month. What a wonderful venue....large, bright and welcoming...EVERYONE urged to share the joy of drumming....drop in drum circle...donation to church helps keep our drum circle growing...love struck