Drum and dance jam meet up. http://www.meetup.com...
* Every Sunday night under or near the I-5 freeway at S.E. Salmon Street, on the East Bank Esplanade, a few blocks north of the Hawthorne Bridge. There's parking close by. Happens all year round (warmer weather draws more attendees). Gets going around 8 or 9pm and goes on till midnight-2am.
* African drum circles:
* African drumming class:
* Persian drumming class:
The Persian class. Every Sunday at PSU. Basement of Smith Student Union @ 2pm.
* Drum circle at The Local Lounge on MLK at 8:30 pm
* Big Gay Drum Circle hosted by August every other Monday @ the Local Lounge (3536 NE MLK Blvd) from 8:30 till the wee hours. There is a Facebook group (https://www.facebook....) and August's email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Weekly circles at Cedar Mountain Drums, a great hand drum and percussion shop. They also offer classes and kits for drum making.
* Guitar Center North Portland (1147 Hayden Meadows Dr) hosted by Terry Tomei. Every other Thursday. 7:30-8:30 PM. $5.
You'll work on traditional rhythms, starting with the basic patterns and building upon them every week. The group is split into parts that play different patterns, which will help you listen better. The goal is for the group to play multiple patterns at the same time, growing into a more coherent, unified circle. Fairly small space, so number of people limited to 12. Extra hand drums are available.
* Drum Circle at Quaking Grass on 2nd Thursdays. 7pm. 5010 NE 9th Ave UNIT B 97211
$10-20 Sliding Scale
* Full Moon drum circle at BE Space (211 SE 11th). 7:30pm-10pm. MeetUp group is called "Contemplative and Expressive Arts."
* Full Moon drumming at New Renaissance Bookstore
* Poisters + Drummers = Hot!
* Rhythm Traders: A full line drum shop, with regular weekly hand drum classes.