Drupal is one of the fastest growing open source content management platforms in the world, powering thousands of sites, applications, portals, and solutions. It’s built, used, and supported by an active and diverse community of people around the world.
Hello Drupal! is a course designed for people who have a general idea of how content management systems work, but little or no Drupal experience. The goal is to get you started, and throw you over that first bump in the Drupal learning curve and help you build your first site.
By the end of this course, you will be able to...
- Understand why Drupal is suited for building great Web sites, applications and portals
- Have a high level understanding of the framework/platform.
- Get Familiar with Drupal jargon and terms such as fields, views, node, block, page
- Explain how a site is built in Drupal, and explain the page-model in Drupal.
- Understand how to build sites the "Drupal way"
- Determine what skills you need to develop to reach your goals.
- Know where to go to find career opportunities in Drupal
- Figure out what you need from a Drupal partner you wish to engage for your next project.
- Setting up a basic site in Drupal7/drupalgardens
This introductory training event is based on 'Hello Drupal' training material given to community by Acquia, and is the first in a series of planned Drupal training initiatives in namma Benguluru.